Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend of mine has a Mossberg 535 Turkey with a 3.5 inch chamber. There are no markings on the 3 inch shells I have but I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine has a Mossberg 535 Turkey with a 3.5 inch chamber. There are no markings on the 3 inch shells I have but I know

A friend of mine has a Mossberg 535 Turkey with a 3.5 inch chamber. There are no markings on the 3 inch shells I have but I know they are shot of some sort. Could he shoot them through the turkey choke if they are buckshot?

No. The turkey gun is probably full or extra full.

Comment

It should say on the choke what the constriction is right?

Comment

First off cut open one of the shells to find out if it's Bird shot or Buck shot? If buck Shot and His Turkey Gun has an after market turkey chock it's general Extra full NOT good for Buck Shot.
        A Modified Chock is best for Buck Shot!

Comment

As Treestand said, cut one of the shells open---it ain't a good idea to be banging away with shells you don't know anything about. Life is hard enough as it is without adding a blown-off hand or blindness to the problems. Might ruin the gun, too. Ain't no upside.

Comment

They're all loose shells I got when I bought a ton of loose ones from my aunt. All different colors so I don't think they are the same manufacturer/brand

Comment

The extremely faded writing on 4/5 of them say #2 and it looks like one of them is birdshot of some sort but its too faded to make out

Comment

Dran, watch out, some colors signify a gauge so don't mix them up if that is the case. Go by what is on the brass.

Comment

they are 12 ga

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad