Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about the Harington & Richardson model 401 16 gauge with an adjustable choke? All I can find on them is th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know anything about the Harington & Richardson model 401 16 gauge with an adjustable choke? All I can find on them is th

Anybody know anything about the Harington & Richardson model 401 16 gauge with an adjustable choke? All I can find on them is that they were made from 1956-63 but can't find any reviews on it. I took one pheasant hunting yesterday and it performed pretty good. Just trying to find some reviews on them.

The H&R was a low priced gun. Current value is only $175 in excellent shape. I had a Sears pump that had the poly Choke and I liked it. Good for everything from geese to squirrels.

Comment

Don't know anything about the H&R shotgun itself, but the 16 ga is awesome!
      I cut my teeth on a 16 ga L.C. Smith dbl gun. My 16th b'day present was (it's in the safe with the Smith!) a Stevens 67D pump in 16 ga! The 16 is a superbly versatile chambering. It's sad it's fading away.
      It can hold it's on against the 12 ga (though others will claim otherwise!) and will out perform the 20 ga hands down.
      It's the perfect compromise for upland game, especially birds!
      It's a pheasant hunters delight!

Comment

FB I agree. I have shot a 16 gauge for grouse, pheasant, rabbit, and squirrel since I started hunting. I love them. It is sad that they don't have the popularity as the 20 and 12 because they do deserve it. Even though that H&R isn't anything spectacular It's a nice old gun and I'm the proud new owner of it. I'm taking it out again tomorrow morning.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad