Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know where to find a wood replacement stock for a Remington 870 express, all I can find after a quick search are ug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know where to find a wood replacement stock for a Remington 870 express, all I can find after a quick search are ug

Does anybody know where to find a wood replacement stock for a Remington 870 express, all I can find after a quick search are ugly polymer stocks. I prefer the look and weight of wood, especially the stocks on the 870P(see first post).

remingtonle.com/shotguns/870standard.htm
    I like the looks of this type of stock for a lot of reasons, it might be kind of boring to some but to me it just looks better.

Comment

whoops didn't work, here goes.

remingtonle.com/shotguns/870standard.htm

Comment

Well, it just ain't gonna work!

Comment

Boyds gunstocks.
          There are quite a few out there I remember coming across a site with spectacular walnut stocks for them that were worth 5X the amount of the gun.

Comment

Look on E-Bay, I see stocks there all the time. Just picked one up for my Rem 700 BDL, left hand. Have not got it yet but it looks like nicer wood than the original one I have. Paid $55.00 + $20 shipping.

Comment

Try www.e-guncorp.com We use them for hard to find Gun Parts

Comment

Try Rinehart-Fajen. They make awesome custom and replacement stocks.

Comment

I have one I would give you if I knew how to get it to you.

Comment

You could try making your own,, there is a lot of very nice Royal walnut available, I am guessing you original one is broken/damaged, but you could still use it as a template.

Comment

RJ actually no, but I have heard complaints (few and far between, though) about the quality of Remington stocks before and I am looking at purchasing an 870 Express and I might want to get an aftermarket stock for it.
                      Also I cannot find anyplace to purchase one with the 870P stocks on it.

Comment

Buckhunter, thanks for the offer, but like I said I don't have one yet. But don't be surprised if you hear from me again!

Comment

I share your fondness of good looking wood on an 870. I haven't tried them but I've seen very beautiful wood on stockystocks.com. Go there and search for 870 to find them. They are a couple hundred dollars but it looks like you can choose some mighty fines grain. This is a pretty good place for many types of stocks... best of luck finding what you are looking for!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Horse Race
                            by Pmacc60
                            You are for sure not a small business man , the Obama administration hurt small business and sent a tremendous amount of jobs overseas. Big business makes...
                            Today, 09:19 PM
                          • The Horse Race
                            by rock rat
                            There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
                            Today, 09:43 AM
                            by 99explorer
                            The recession officially ended in June 2009, after economic stimulus checks went out to 55 million recipients in the prior month.
                            The economy continued
                            Today, 09:03 PM
                            by Pmacc60
                            Like you all know I live near Delaware and I work there everyday ! Maybe it’s because we all know Joe Biden it I don’t see the support. Remember he...
                            Today, 08:48 PM
                            by 99explorer
                            "Fake news" is a cop out.
                            I used it once myself to avoid doing research.
                            Today, 08:42 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X