Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The action on my Remington 870 is unusually loud and now seems to stick a little bit. I put some extra oil in the area and it di

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The action on my Remington 870 is unusually loud and now seems to stick a little bit. I put some extra oil in the area and it di

The action on my Remington 870 is unusually loud and now seems to stick a little bit. I put some extra oil in the area and it didn't help. I am afraid that I might've messed something up while reassembling it. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem without taking it to a gunsmith?

How much experience do you have with an 870? If you do not have much experience I would suggest going to you-tube and watching an disassembly and then reassembly video there is a bunch just follow the video instructions if that does not work take it apart and inspect the slide bars and the receiver for wear and metal shavings.

Comment

Ditto~upland4.....Good advice +1

Comment

Or put in ear plugs when you manipulate the action, that'll probably help silence it a little bit.

Comment

Your problem is you own a Remington 870. Do a site search here about 870 issues. Look up all my posts on these newer 870 POS and you should be able to fix the sticking and any other problem you may run into in the future. 870's are not hard to take apart or reassemble and I'm pretty sure you can't reassemble it incorrectly without it not working or going back together period. I also have a picture of showing what you should do where in my profile.

Comment

Yeah! I'd disassemble then carefully reassemble. If that doesn't help, try the YouTube videos.

Comment

Yeah! I'd disassemble then carefully reassemble. If that doesn't help, try the YouTube videos.

Comment

Check your manual, take your time when you reassemble and if that doesn't work try Youtube like everyone else said.

Comment

And if all that doesn't work take it to your closest gunsmith.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad