Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last question, I found a new Mossberg 500 combo in 12 gauge. It comes with a 24" rifled barrel and a 28" vent rib barrel with a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last question, I found a new Mossberg 500 combo in 12 gauge. It comes with a 24" rifled barrel and a 28" vent rib barrel with a

Last question, I found a new Mossberg 500 combo in 12 gauge. It comes with a 24" rifled barrel and a 28" vent rib barrel with a accu set chokes for $390, would it be worth the extra $110 over the single shot?

I like mine very much. Its light weight and you can hunt deer or small game with it.

Comment

A repeater is far more effective for bird hunting than a single shot. You will find that you often miss on the first shot but have another instantly for a follow up shot. You can also take multiple birds out of the same flock.

On top of that, you get an adjustable choke and a slug barrel. The 500 would be a shotgun you could use for a lifetime for all types of hunting. I would gladly spend the extra $110 for that much more effectiveness and versatility.

Comment

Basically an extra barrel for the single shot would cost about $150. So, for the $110 amount you get added versatility plus the extra barrel, plus the benefit of a multiple shot action. By all means, go for it.

Comment

Thanks guys, my great uncle used a Mossberg pump for 30+ years and hes the one that recommended it. He took everything from quail and pheasant to rabbit to deer

Comment

Heck yeah.

Comment

That's a Great Deal...go for it!

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

We came across this thread today, and wanted to wish you well, and we think the shotgun will serve you as well as your great-uncle's Mossberg! Thanks All!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad