Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a used mossberg 835 ultimag. I plan to use it as an all around general purpose gun. What choke tubes should I buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a used mossberg 835 ultimag. I plan to use it as an all around general purpose gun. What choke tubes should I buy

I just bought a used mossberg 835 ultimag. I plan to use it as an all around general purpose gun. What choke tubes should I buy for turkey hunting, rifled deer slugs, and skeet shooting?(please include specific sizes and brands)

undertaker xfull by hunters spec. $20 i have one in my 835 and i wont use any thing else. ill shoot out to 60 yds with 3 1/2 mags.

Comment

I have a mossberg 835. I use carlesons full.

Comment

For turkey get an extra full choke or for thick cover a full choke. Deer slugs and skeet are best with I/C.

Comment

For Turkeys, get an extra or super full choke tube. For rifled slugs, any old choke tube will do, it does not really matter as long as it is not a very tight constriction tube, such as a turkey choke. You can safely shoot rifled slugs through anything from a Cylinder Bore choke to a full choke. For skeet you could use cylinder bore or improved cylinder, depending on the range. Some choke manufacturers produce a choke tube that is labeled skeet. Pretty straight forward. Carlson's and even Mossberg factory choke tubes will do the trick. Buy online from somewhere like Cabela's or Midway USA. Selection is huge and service is great.

Comment

There is an extra full that I beleive comes with the gun, so I would assume that it is a mossberg choke. It works great and has a tight pattern. I would look into it if you can. You will also enjoy using the 835.

Comment

X-full for Turkey, (Undertaker is a good choke) Skeet to improved for upland, modified for doves. Shoot the skeet for slugs or you can buy a cylinder.

Comment

For turkey get an extra full choke!

Comment

For turkey get an extra full choke!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad