Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is a H&R Pardner as a good hunting shotgun? Does it pattern good for turkey and how does it shoot rifled slugs? If I do get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is a H&R Pardner as a good hunting shotgun? Does it pattern good for turkey and how does it shoot rifled slugs? If I do get

How is a H&R; Pardner as a good hunting shotgun? Does it pattern good for turkey and how does it shoot rifled slugs? If I do get one I will be buying the rifled slug barrel for it also.

Its the Pardner Pump not just the regular Pardner Single Shot.

Comment

Its the Pardner Pump not just the regular Pardner Single Shot.

Comment

I would wait and get a better shotgun, like remington 870, mossberg 500, or Benelli nova. These are tried and tue guns, the pardner is junk. I assume you are looking at it because it is cheap, save your money. You might look for any of the previous named guns used. As for how does a gun pattern, you are going to have to try different loads.

Comment

I cant say a negative thing about mine. It was cheap, it is heavy, it's not the greatest weapon in the world, but for me, its perfect. Kills deer, patterns well, and slams skeet. Not to mention you can beat the heck out of it and not feel bad.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but i just had to intervene...the H&R Pardner is not junk. Its a good pump action shot gun. Granted, it comes with an in barrel choke, so if you want a different choke you would essentially have to change the whole barrel...BUT my comment to said name brand gun snob who listed the remmington 870 above....One should know that the Pardner is, for all intensive purposes, damn near the same thing as the 870...and even better!! All makes such as your remmington, mossberg, H&R, marlin etc are actually all owned by the same mother company! How bout a bite of them apples eh?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad