Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I shoot a 12g Browning BPS engraved and use it for everything. Particularly, I use it for waterfowl and trap. I decided to buy a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shoot a 12g Browning BPS engraved and use it for everything. Particularly, I use it for waterfowl and trap. I decided to buy a

I shoot a 12g Browning BPS engraved and use it for everything. Particularly, I use it for waterfowl and trap. I decided to buy a new choke tube for waterfowl and decided on a Browning Grand Passage Full Choke Tube and noticed the the constriction is the same as a choke tube designed for lead (.035"). Is this too much constriction for use with 3" BB Black Cloud magnum loads? Thanks for the help guys.

I have been shooting BB 3" 1550 fps loads through my FIXED choke Remington 870 for at least fifteen years running. And I shoot quite a few rounds a year - at least a couple hundred. No problems yet. The screw-in chokes are SUPPOSED to be stronger so I would imagine you will be okay. The only concern I would have is whether you will get the pattern that's useful for you. Blackcloud is still steel. It's not hevishot. So sixty yard shots are way out there for steel even if you can stand the punishment of 1550 fps loads. I'm thinking for standard forty to fifty yard shots which really are steel's peak performance, the pattern through that full choke is going to be pretty tight. Put a load onto paper and see what it looks like. That's the only way you'll know what's best for you. If you can't get a target with a goose illustrated on it, do your best to draw something of that dimensions. That will give you the info you need. I suggest going on line to get the waterfowl paper targets. The shipping would be negligible.

Comment

Is your fixed choke a full? I typically run a modified for my waterfowl hunting.

Comment

Modified is better but yes my fixed choke is full. I would be better off getting it bored out to modified. This fella has choke tubes not fixed choke.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad