Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which choke is best for OO Buck: Modified, Improved Cylinder, or Full? Also, which of these 3 is best for slugs? I know you won'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which choke is best for OO Buck: Modified, Improved Cylinder, or Full? Also, which of these 3 is best for slugs? I know you won'

Which choke is best for OO Buck: Modified, Improved Cylinder, or Full? Also, which of these 3 is best for slugs? I know you won't get a ton of accuracy out of these with slugs, but I would like to know to see what kind of accuracy I can get.

[Blank]

Comment

Like Dallas said, it should be printed on the box. Most i have seen call for improved modified.

Comment

00, close quarters defense- no choke deer hunting- modified.
        Slugs- 1mproved cylinder to modified

Comment

With buckshot,if your hunting I would say full to give you the tightest patterns and more range, if for home defense when the shot that you take might not be a very long one, I think modified will do the job. Now to get to the slug question improved is the best, Because it's the least narrow. you can shoot slugs with a modified or a full, but I don't recommend doing that.

Comment

Most everyone I know deer hunts with 00 buck and a full choke.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad