Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever had the firing pin get stuck while shooting a pump shotgun? I have seen this happen with three different semi-au

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever had the firing pin get stuck while shooting a pump shotgun? I have seen this happen with three different semi-au

Has anyone ever had the firing pin get stuck while shooting a pump shotgun? I have seen this happen with three different semi-autos. The firing pin gets stuck in the fire position, when the bolt is released the firing pin hits the primer and what happens next is self-explanatory. One would think that a pump could do the same think, if the bolt was closed hard enough, right?

a friend of mine closed the action of his pump and it went off.

Comment

Yes it is called slam firing. On some old pumps such as the 1897 you can pull the trigger and pump the shotgun and it will go off. On most newer guns you cannot do this, but the problem you are speaking of is pretty much accidental slam firing.

Comment

Win M12 was designed to "slam" fire.

Comment

I have never seen this happen with a pump or semi-auto except on shotguns designed to function that way such as the Win Model 97.

Comment

I have seen two beretta 3901's "slam fire", and one remington 11-87. Dad had an old double that would go off it you brought it to your shoulder to hard, until it got stolen. I have not yet seen a pump do that, and i hope i never do.

Comment

I have never seen this happen, but I think that the operator of a pump action shotgun would cease working the slide after the first slam-fire to investigate the cause.

Comment

Clean your bolt carrier assy.

Comment

It's called slam fire, on older shotguns you could hold down the trigger which would make it slam fire when it chambered a shell.

Comment

Had my 870 do this but it was because it was frozen. Pulled the trigger, nothing, all os the sudden BOOM! Then figured it to cold and wet to hunt that day!

Comment

Had one frozen (wouldn’t fire) n a very cold day. Never used that oil again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad