Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a cheap semi-auto shotgun im 16 and theres just not lots of cash flow so im looking to keep it under 600 and i w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a cheap semi-auto shotgun im 16 and theres just not lots of cash flow so im looking to keep it under 600 and i w

I'm looking for a cheap semi-auto shotgun im 16 and theres just not lots of cash flow so im looking to keep it under 600 and i want it in camo any suggestions? Right now it looks like im going to get the Stoeger 3000. This gun will be used only for ducks and geese.

I got my Remington 11-87 for about $650 and I like it enough! I may trade it and buy a used Beretta later on but for now it does the job!

Comment

Not a bad choice under the circumstances, I have not shot this model but I understand it is an improvement over the Stoeger 2000. Go with the 28 inch barrel (muzzel blast) when you hunt with others, and keep it clean! Good luck and let us know how you fair.

Comment

Good choice.

Comment

I have a m2000. I bought it used so most of the problems were caused by the previous owner. When I first got it the choke tube was stuck in the barrel. Did some research and it looks like the crappy factory chokes that come with the gun cant handle heavy magnum load well. So Id change all the choke tubes out with Carlsons beforehand. Gun worked great till the weather got cold then Id get light firing pin strikes but they were always on my second shot. The guy before me had it greased up good with the nastiest thickest black grease you will ever see. I thought that might be the problem so I took the bolt and the trigger mechanism completely apart and gave them a good scrub down. Nope that didn't do it. Broke down and took it to a gunsmith. He said the spring that controlled the mechanism that fed the next round was warn out and dragging. Apparently Stoeger dosnt make the spring for the 2000 anymore so he had to use one from a bennelli which ended up working fine. Has not given me a problem since but its only been a month or so and its been a warm winter Ive only had it out in the bitter cold once. In short that gun was a pain in my a$$ but if it works fine for me from now on it will be worth it. I know a lot of guys who love there stoegers so...

Comment

mossberg makes a combo shotgun. comes with a deer/upland barrel. its called mossberg 535 ats. so its like your getting two guns for one. and its sold around $450.

Comment

Thanks, all the reviews on the 2000 have been pretty poor. I already have 2 pumps a mossberg 500 with both barrels and a 870 with both barrels. just looking for something for duck hunting and the 500 is my deer gun. the 870 ive had problems with before not cycling the shells missed out on a few geese because of it and it rust to bad to be by the water all the time.
              thanks again

Comment

Hey, i agree with Ga Hunter about the 11-87. Its a great gun. Comes in 20 and 12, also comes in a few types of camo. I purchased mine in New jersey for about 700 and have used it for all my needs. Deer geese ducks pheasants quail crow turkey etc.

Comment

I'm buying your choice. You might be able to save a little money camo-ing the gun yourself...dunno.

Comment

JMO~~Y limit your self to a 16Ga when Ammo is Costly now a days, you cant beat a 12Ga 2 3/4 or 3" when 16Ga is hard to find...just saying

Comment

For under $600 you can get really good stuff. Do you want it new or used? Used you can find good Winchesters or Remington, or even a good old reliable Charles Daly. New there's some Mossbergs out there I think for 400 give or take and maybe even a Remington for 500 maybe less. Your lucky I'm looking for a semi auto 12 gauge for under $200 found a couple things actually just gotta look(;

Comment

Keep saving your money and buy yourself a nicer gun that will last you a lifetime like a Browning, Beretta, and Benelli.
                        -The Kid

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                          by fitch270
                          The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                          Today, 07:01 PM
                        • So is everyone ready for deer season
                          by Milldawg
                          With my hectic schedule between work and owning and operating another business now. My shooting and hunting for this year have been shelved. So I am going...
                          Yesterday, 09:20 AM
                        • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                          by 99explorer
                          Rumor has it that Trump will be bringing a bullhorn to the final debate tonight in Nashville, so he will not have to depend on an open microphone to be...
                          Today, 06:49 PM
                        • Debate #2: new rules
                          by FirstBubba
                          New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                          The "Biden Campaign"!...
                          10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                        • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                          by 99explorer
                          I just checked and there are currently 49 users online at the Outdoor Life site.
                          But no political topics in the "Other" forum.
                          We
                          Today, 06:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X