Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im getting a new shotgun but i dont know what to get a Remington 870 Supermag or Remington 11-87 Supermag i want something that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im getting a new shotgun but i dont know what to get a Remington 870 Supermag or Remington 11-87 Supermag i want something that

Im getting a new shotgun but i dont know what to get a Remington 870 Supermag or Remington 11-87 Supermag i want something that is reliable and and will last a long time. I need it for waterfowl and deer hunting which is better?

870 is a classic. I prefer a pump over semi-auto, but thats just me.

Comment

For reliability, longevity, and easy maintenance and repair, go with the 870

Comment

I shoot and 1187 and enjoy it, but grew up on an 870. The 870 is going to handle low brass better and probably be more reliable all around. Personal preference on pump vs. semi is up to you.

Comment

Take a look at the Remington VersaMax.

Comment

I duck hunt with a remington 870 supermag it always fires and have never had a malfunction if you want a reliable simple gun go with the 870 semi-auto are more likly to have a malfunction that is just the way it is but I have always prefered pump guns.

Comment

Do you want a pump or semi auto? I shoot both but my 870 is just a turkey gun. I love them both but the 870 will handle low brass better and you just can't beat a good pump! Either way though you'll make a good choice!

Comment

I have no experience with the Model 1187, though I did use the Model 1100 with total satisfaction. We are on our third Model 870 in 42 years of shooting activity, and my son has one of them. I can attest that the Model 870, properly cared for, will last generations and serve reliably.
                When shooting skeet or trap, you may feel somewhat disadvantaged on doubles compared to an autoloader or over/under, though practice will yield remarkable speed. This is a win-win choice. Either, I'm sure, will serve you well.

Comment

I have both and they changed the mechanism design in the 870, I hate it, but I love my 11-87!

Comment

I have always kinda liked the 870

Comment

If you are going for deer then the 870. A pump is more accurate than most semi-autos when shooting slugs

Comment

Originally posted by canvasbackhunter View Post
                        870 is a classic. I prefer a pump over semi-auto, but thats just me.
                        870 is the best most reliable shotgun iv'e used. My dad has had one for 30 yrs My brother has one and i have one and have yet to have a problem. The 870 is a great choice for just a ruff and tumble gun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad