Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guys. This is not a gun control post...i just simply want to share this story. Yesterday at around 10:30 am i was in tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys. This is not a gun control post...i just simply want to share this story. Yesterday at around 10:30 am i was in tech

Hey Guys. This is not a gun control post...i just simply want to share this story. Yesterday at around 10:30 am i was in tech class. we are doing digital photography right now, so we went out into the open sports field behind my school that is surrounded by trees and a fence. We were out taking pictures for probably ten minutes when i decided to walk from the rest of the group to find something to take pictures of (i love photography). That's when i looked into the treeline where a slight glint caught my eye, upon closer inspection i found something i never thought i would find on the small lot of my private school. right there, lying in the grass, was a Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun. After alerting my teacher i flipped the safety on, and spent the next 5 minutes explaining to my teacher and classmates that i could see that the gun was unloaded and in no way dangerous. The policeman that responded said that the gun was not stolen. Not really exciting, although it was for me, i enjoyed sharing my knowledge of guns. I took some pictures that aren't that great because of the sun which are on the homepage and my profile, but thought you guys might enjoy the story. Thanks. -Jack

Now that story is one for the yearbook!

Comment

I was waiting for the happy ending in which the policeman told you that you could keep the gun.
      I am guessing that it is now in HIS gun safe.

Comment

i was hoping maybe i was getting a new turkey gun.....oh well.

Comment

Great story.
          For the life of me I can't imagine leaving the field after cleaning game and forgetting my scatter gun.
          Too bad finders keepers isn't written down somewhere!

Comment

i agree...but my school is in the city, no hunting land for miles.

Comment

Dude that's actually kinda troubling. Who would have left a shot gun there?

Comment

Jack, I would never touch the gun. I would of called the police, and let them pick it up with their rubber gloves on.
                It could of been used in a robbery, a murder or a bank hold up, and now your finger prints are all over it.
                Thank God it wasn't in a crime, and you didn't taint the evidence for law enforcement. Great Story!

Comment

I agree that you really should not have touched it. If it was used in a crime you might have damaged evidence such as fingerprints (along with leaving your own prints on the gun). The cop who picked it up probably had no way of knowing whether it was stolen or used in a crime. Probably what he meant was that he did not HAVE A REPORT of it being stolen. You might be able to file a request with the police department to claim the gun after time is allowed to clear it as criminal evidence and give the owner time to claim it (after explaining why it was left laying on school grounds.)

Comment

Cool and scary what state are you in?
                    Seth

Comment

I made sure to use my finger nail to flip off the safety, then we immediately called the police. It was a little scary to be honest. But there was also a bottle of booze near the gun.....so whoever left it was probably drunk. Also the gun barrel was rusted, so it had been lying there probably since Christmas break. By the way I am in Maryland.

Comment

Some poor soul saw the value of a Maverick and tossed it like an OE 800 bottle. Probably doesn't work anyway....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                          by franchi20
                          I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                          Today, 07:40 PM
                        • Debate #2: new rules
                          by FirstBubba
                          New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                          The "Biden Campaign"!...
                          10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                        • Reply to What's after Trump?
                          by franchi20
                          Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                          Today, 07:34 PM
                        • What's after Trump?
                          by FirstBubba
                          No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                          There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                          Today, 01:46 PM
                        • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                          by fitch270
                          The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                          Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X