Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get a Mossberg 500 All-Purpose or the Mossberg Flex 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a Mossberg 500 All-Purpose or the Mossberg Flex 500?

Should I get a Mossberg 500 All-Purpose or the Mossberg Flex 500?

Whatever your heart desires. By the way Chewy, have you ever shot a mossberg 500 with 3'' shells? If you do a lot of shooting, you may reconsider.

Comment

Cover your bases, get em' both.

Comment

I like the modular system of the Mossberg Flex 500 that enables the shooter to easily change the stock, forend or recoil pad for any particular shooter or any given hunting situation.
        Gander Mountain is selling them for $450.

Comment

The flex is a cool idea but how often do you really think you are going to change it? If often enough then I would get it otherwise I would just get the 500 AP.

Comment

Would just adding weight make a difference in shooting 3" shells? Which shoots better?

Comment

i can attest that 3inch out of a mossy sucks i ahve a maverick 88 a 500 and a 835 and i cant handle more then a couple 3 incehrs out of any of them

Comment

i can attest that 3inch out of a mossy sucks i ahve a maverick 88 a 500 and a 835 and i cant handle more then a couple 3 incehrs out of any of them

Comment

I have a Mossberg 500 in 410/3"..I shoot 3"Slugs with NO harsh Re-coil at all, Its one of the sweetest shooting shotgun for Hogs from my Air-Boat.

Comment

Neither. Get an 870 , PA-08, or Benelli Nova.

Comment

Isn't the suppposed benefit of the "Flex" simply the ability to swap out stocks/barrel, without the use of tools? Seems to me that the tool-less aspect, when compared to the availablity of aftermarket options, isn't very appealing.

Comment

honestly id go with either but id say more for the flex

Comment

i shoot a remington 870 and it wont kick nearly as bad as a mossberg will and it will never let you down

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                            by 99explorer
                            Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                            Today, 12:57 AM
                          • The George Floyd case.
                            by FirstBubba
                            Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                            Minnesota...
                            Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                            by crm3006
                            My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                            Yesterday, 11:24 PM
                          • Masks
                            by crm3006
                            Here ya go, boys and girls. I'm not much in favor of posting links, but this one is both thought provoking and hilarious! ...
                            Yesterday, 11:17 PM
                            by FirstBubba
                            Ellison is Keith Ellison. Once a Rep from MN. He is also a Muslim.
                            He gave up his House seat to run for MN AG. That will set him up to run for...
                            Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X