Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the new Savage 42? I am thinking about purchasing one in with the 22 mag over the .410... I has not that impres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the new Savage 42? I am thinking about purchasing one in with the 22 mag over the .410... I has not that impres

Has anyone used the new Savage 42? I am thinking about purchasing one in with the 22 mag over the .410... I has not that impressed with the sights but I only saw it for a second or two at the local shop. Just curious other peoples thoughts.

Not to rain on your parade but speaking as the owner of 3 model 24's I was not impressed with the 42.

Comment

Yeah... I am thinking about just saving up and getting a 24. I really like them but the 24 with a 22mag/410 is hard to find and expensive. Was kinda hoping the 42 was the answer but just have not heard that much about them.

Comment

Lost my interest when I heard the .410 was cylinder choke. .410s need to be full choked!!

Comment

I think I'll stick with my 24. The 42 is not destined to be a classic for sure.

Comment

I pulled up the Savage web site and looked at it and I wouldn't spend any of my money on it. It looks cheap, cluby and the overall appearence just says "stay away".

Comment

Certainly not the superimposed rifle/shotgun combo gun for which they were famous. Just like Hollywood, the remakes are never as good as the originals.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad