Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to start off by saying that I dont know much about shotguns and I just started waterfowl hunting. I've had a Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to start off by saying that I dont know much about shotguns and I just started waterfowl hunting. I've had a Brown

I would like to start off by saying that I dont know much about shotguns and I just started waterfowl hunting. I've had a Browning a5 sitting in the safe and i would like to know the year of production and model number. On the bottom of the receiver there is an "FN" surrounded by an oval which i assume stands for Fabrique Nationale. Underneath that is the letter "H" and underneath that is the number 3806. Any info on the gun would be greatly appreciated.

You need to Post a Serial Number, with more Info:
    12,16,20 Gauge???
    If made in Miroku..Japan it would have a RV suffix

Remington made some Browning's with the Br.logo

Comment

Its a 12 gauge with a plain barrel and has a round end grip..Those are the only numbers I found on the gun. Im guessing its Belgium made because FN was located in Belgium if im not mistaken.

Comment

The Numbers you listed are not a S/N# Take the Forend off look on the left side of the receiver.
        that A-5 is called the Hump-Back model.

Comment

It was made sometime between 54-56', H was designated for standard weight. The serial number would range from between 83000-99000.

Comment

Santa -- Not sure about later guns, but earlier ones definitely have the SN on the underside of the receiver.

Comment

Treestand -- That was for you, not sure what made me think of Santa, except you're both from south of me and it's been a very, very long day.

Comment

Your A5 was an early 1954 your serial # is H3806 the H was for standard weight 12 ga.If it had been a 16 ga the serial numbers would have been different and very hard to understand with exception that the sweet sixteen would actually say that is what it was. Serial number is the same as my old 16 ga same year, No H though ,strange as that may be.. spooky

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad