Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a semi auto shotgun under 650 dollars.I am only 12 so i dont want anything kicking my shoulder off either.Can you give ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a semi auto shotgun under 650 dollars.I am only 12 so i dont want anything kicking my shoulder off either.Can you give ad

I want a semi auto shotgun under 650 dollars.I am only 12 so i dont want anything kicking my shoulder off either.Can you give advice about which shotgun to get?

I got a Remington 11-87 sportsman for $550 at gander mountain. It is a great gun. I have put well over 2500 rounds through it and it is still great. I also like that it is synthetic, you don't have to worry about scratches on the stock when rabbit hunting.

Comment

Mossberg makes a youth model(auto) that should fit your bill and as you get bigger, you can change stocks to grow with you.
      Good luck and Good hunting!

Comment

my friend got an 11-87 when he was 13 said he liked it but it was 12 guage probably too big for someone your age. i guess it depends on your size though and how well you can take a kick.
        -matt

Comment

You might want to try out some Mossbergs and also take a look at the Stoeger brand and get your hands on one if you can and see how it feels. Both make relatively cheap shotguns at a good quality and a good price.

Comment

20 gauge remington 870 good luck hunting.

Comment

The Remington 11-87 will probably be the lightest recoiling gun you can find. They are available in a youth size stock if that fits you better. You could always replace the stock as you grow into it. Going with synthetic would make it easier to replace the stock, and you won't have to worry about the wood matching.

In general gas guns (like the 11-87) will shoot softer than other types, like the stoeger, but they require more maintance.

Comment

Check out the Stoeger. They're a Beretta company, and Beretta doesn't mess around. On the cover page of this website there is a story about cheap turkey guns. You don't have to get the turkey version, but Bourjaily reviews this and other Stoegers favorably. He seems to know a thing or two about shotguns...

Comment

Remington 1100 20ga

Comment

at your age i recommend a pump. the good thing about a pump is it makes you get back on target but with semi-auto most of the time people pull the trigger as fast they can if i were you i would get a mossberg 500 shoots 2 3/4 and 3 inch stocks are pretty cheap so when you get older you can get full size stocks its an all around good gun

Comment

I agree with gman. A pump is easier to get back on target. The Remington 870 is a great gun, and comes in youth sizes.

Comment

i have a pump already and i duck hunt so it is hard to shoot fast enough when 50 ducks are about land right next to you.

Comment

i have a pump already and i duck hunt so it is hard to shoot fast enough when 50 ducks are about land right next to you.

Comment

Thanks all of you i really needed the advice i have a birthday coming up and i wanted a shotgun but i was not sure what kind to get. I kinda have a idea of what i want now. Thanks again!!!

Comment

You can still get a previously-owned 20 gauge A-5 that isn't beautiful for that. Act now. Next year, you will have to pay much more.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
                                by FirstBubba
                                Lot's of folks prefer 00 buck. Try #1, 16 pellets per round! Instead of 72, you'll have 128 .32 caliber projectiles! 😉!...
                                Today, 01:48 PM
                              • Rip -rbg
                                by fitch270
                                2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                                Yesterday, 09:26 PM
                              • Reply to Trump
                                by Pmacc60
                                99 you do not know what your talking about, you are going on fake reports. I have spoken with Mr Biden , he does not have a speech impediment ! The man...
                                Today, 01:47 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to Rip -rbg
                                by crm3006
                                From PigHunter: "Switched to carrying the 870 in the car trunk. Loaded with 8 rounds of 00 with a 48 round bandolier to throw over a shoulder. 10...
                                Today, 01:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X