Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about mossberg 500's.

Let's talk about mossberg 500's.

U.S.M.C uses them for ship-board security, not sure if they still do or not. I've had one for several years with no problems. I went to the 835 for 3.5in cap. and love it.

Comment

used a maverick 88 for duck and goose hunting, pretty much same as a 500, it was alright, i broke the slide on it though. It was a borrow so just because i broke it, doesn't mean it is a shitty gun, i have no idea what it had been through before i came along.

Comment

ok gun great price... I abuse mine to no end wood duck hunting in the swamps back home.

Comment

We do use a few of them in my unit, but I have my own and love it. I bought it as my first pump and have not bought another one yet. I have both barrels for it, so it has so much versatility.

Comment

Those are the only shotguns my dad, my brother, and I use. They're awesome for the price, hunt pheasant and other upland birds with one choke and load, change the choke and load and hunt turkeys, change the choke and load and hunt ducks and geese, and change the barrel and hunt big game with slugs, can't beat that for versatility. As far as only having a 3" capacity, I've never seen much use for a 3.5" mag for anything but maybe geese at long range, a 3" mag will take care of most every other situation, or be overkill, so then you use the 2 3/4" shells.

Comment

My kids and I own three of them. Great blue collar gun, no frills, just good and sound. I'm looking for another one to keep as a house gun.

Comment

Well, I love them (it). I've had my father's old 500AT for many years. I have multiple barrels and stocks for it, and it has never failed to either feed, fire, or eject. What more can I say.

Comment

Let's talk about a decent gun...... Remington 870

Comment

Its a good gun for the price. I know lots of folks love them and its not a surprise that most folks on this thread like them too.

For me; I just don't care for the very loose slide and overall appearance. I prefer remington 870 wingmasters for my pump gun.

Comment

great pump gun

Comment

FIRST SHOTGUN I EVER BOUGHT. KILLED MY FIRST PHEASANT, QUAIL, WOODCOCK AND DEER WITH IT. ABUSED IT DUCK HUNTING AND IT ALWAYS FIRED.

Comment

Great solid gun, cheap, needs better fit on the stock and there is nothing that can be done for the front slide getting loose. Other than that the work great you can take it apart down as far as you want to go and the only thing that will wear out is the extractor which you can replace yourself with no problem. So yeah I own about 3 and love them. I have a 410 for my daughter that will be her first gun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad