Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for a 12gauge shotgun for a woman? It will be used mostly for clays and occasionally for pheasant hunts. I w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations for a 12gauge shotgun for a woman? It will be used mostly for clays and occasionally for pheasant hunts. I w

Any recommendations for a 12gauge shotgun for a woman? It will be used mostly for clays and occasionally for pheasant hunts. I would like to spend no more than $2K.

If your willing to spend that much you can probably get one custom fit for you. Any good semi auto that is gas operated would work since the recoil is reduced from the gas release, and most Beretta and Benellis run right around $1000 so the next $1000 can be used to custom fit.

Comment

I m new to this but seems like a lot to spend for gun used occasionally. I shoot clays and birds with my Remington 1100. I bought mine for 200 hundred dollars. Granted it was agreat deal. It has very little recoil, I love the way it shoots. Ive tried out a couple pumps and even bolt actions but none come close to it. Good Luck, get one that feels right for you.

Comment

If you are going to shoot just clays and pheasant then you may want to consider a 20 ga. With the right choke you can move into turkey hunting as well without the strong recoil. Good overall shotgun for someone young or with a light body frame.

If you still want to remain with a 12 ga. you may want to consider the Benelli M2 Field w/ComforTech Semi-Auto Shotgun or a Franchi Model 612 620 which allows users to adjust the gas system.

The semi-auto's will lessen the recoil to a noticeable degree then

Comment

You should look at the mossberg superbantam

Comment

I would recommend any Benelli, but a semi-auto Super Black Eagle is very nice. It would be good for a woman because it is light weight and has very little recoil.

Comment

I second the Benelli. Wouldn't trade my SBE for 2 of any other auto.

Comment

I also recomend Benelli because most of their models have very little recoil for a 12 gauge.

Comment

i would go with a remington 1100 golden skeet $900
                  or a benelli super black eagle

Comment

Personally I think you have several options with a $2k limit. Most people seem to like over/unders for shooting skeet etc.. but an auto is always nice when your hunting too. Remington, Beretta, Browning, are just a couple of common names you can choose from. Definitely get her fitted, if she is a small woman, you may want to consider a 20 ga.; that way she doesn't get afraid of it right away. Good luck, it's good to see your getting more women involved.

Comment

Depends on what level you are on. If you are a beginner I would recommend a single shot 12 gauge either from remington on New England firearms.

Comment

SBE II, Browning Gold or whatever the new one is, Winchester SX II, and if you want a classic then a Belgian Browning A-5.

I have a SX II and it points and shoots well for me. People swear by the Super Black Eagle, I've never shot one but I've seen guys shoot them all day long at dove and ducks and never a hiccup. The old humpback A-5s are getting harder to find, they're odd looking, shoot well, pretty light, and you won't wear one out. It would probably kick harder than any of the rest though.
                        There's nothing wrong with the Remingtons either but you don't see a lot of them on the skeet course around here.

Comment

Get her a browning

Comment

The Vinci.

Comment

A Benelli Super Black Eagle!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad