Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a Winchester model 120 pump action shotgun. Any info would help. Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a Winchester model 120 pump action shotgun. Any info would help. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a Winchester model 120 pump action shotgun. Any info would help. Thanks!

The 120 was the gun they built before the 1300 came out did some trapshootin with a 120 for a season and never had a problem with it. Hope this helps.

Comment

I believe the model is 1200. It did precede the 1300 and was a replacement the venerable Model 12. As I remember it has a rotating bolt, impressed checkering, and a alloy receiver. I know several people who shoot them in the field and all are pleased with the performance. Of course the M-12 owners look upon the gun with absolute disdain but don't let that bother you, just shoot and enjoy your nice old Winchester pump gun.

Comment

Thanks for the info so far. I love the one I have. It doesnt have any checkering though. It also says ranger on it. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks!

Comment

the ranger was brought as a youth gun from what I can find out there is also a full length stock for it if you can find one. Another thing you might try is to contact Winchester they should be able to tell you when it was made.

Comment

my grandpa has one and i love it. it's a pretty nice gun. really smooth

Comment

Comment

Comment

sorry about the multiple comments, it's my computer being slow.

Comment

The 120 was made in 1986 thru 1988 and is a varient of the model 1300. They are exactly the same except for the 120 has a cheaper grade of wood with no checkering on it. It was made because after the company started making cheaper made guns in 1965 the sales to the goverment and to the police departments was almost non existing. By placing cheaper wood on the 1300 and renaming it they figured they could start to get contract sales again. However thanks to the folks at Ducks Unlimited a large number of the 5000 that were made were given away at dinners as gifts. And a lot of people who saw them liked them better than the 1300 with the cheap pressed checkering. So a lot were just out right sold to the civilian market. They were discontinued because the company was selling them with both a 22 inch slug barrel as well as a 28 inch vent ribbed barrel cheaper than they could keep producing them. I purchased mine for $225 with a case and a sling. The last of the shotguns were made with left over barrels with fixed chokes. Because of the limited production of the shotgun and the closing of Winchesters plant these guns now go for more than they did new and are in big demand. Anything else you need to know about them contact me my name is Pete at [email protected]

Comment

They are very good shotguns. You can get one in 95% condition for about $200 on Gunbroker.

Comment

Agreed with ishawooa answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

I know the last post was over a year ago, but I just googled the 120 and this was the first thing that came up. This is the best shotgun Ive ever owned. Ive shot THOUSANDS of rounds through it not one malfunction. It has survived rough winters and blazing hot summers. I have shot hundreds of rounds between cleaning, and she keeps on shooting. The wood on my gun is rough but god damn that gun is smooth.

Comment

have a Model 120 that I purchased in 1986 for $129.00 and would not give it up for the world, I can't tell how much game I have taken with it but it sure made satisfying meals happen. I have used, abused and neglected it and it never let me down and it has the smoothest action second only to my Lee-Enfield.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad