Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a Remington 870? What is your opinion on it? How much can you pick one up for? Can you change out the chokes? Would t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an 870 Express Combo with fully rifled barrel and field barrel. Less than $400.

Comment

Also, would you guys suggest a 26" or 28" barrel?

Comment

mine's a 26" and i hunt anything i want with it.

Comment

bsi827~try this:

www.gandermtn.com/firearms

1-888-542-6337 Good Luck

Comment

It's a good, cheap gun. I've been using one purchased a little over a year ago lately, and I do love it. It's also worth noting that you almost never see them used for less than about $200. They do hold value pretty well, I'd say.

One note, at least on the new ones, is that you should be fanatic about wiping down the exterior, as that one rusts far more readily similarly finished firearms I've used.

Comment

They run very smoothly and if you have any problems they are very easy to take a part and fix.
              Bubba, my dad has a winchester model 12 and it's an awesome gun love the look of it and how well it works too bad they don't make them anymore.

Comment

Mine is a 26" barrel. Either will be fine.

Comment

my grandpa, before he died gave me a winchester model 12. very good gun

Comment

i have an 870 express combo, best shotgun i own, hands down. just remember, if you take care of her, she'll take care of you.

Comment

I have had a 20 gauge for years and its my go to shotgun for doves. It has never jammed or let me down.

Comment

Unbeatable and yes to your questions. I paid 198.00 for mine, yes brand new one.

Comment

Another good gun is the mossberg 500. I own one and i prefer it too the 870 which i've also own. Its made in the US and comes in a ton of different options with different barrels, chokes, and stocks. You can even get a 50 cal muzzle loader barrel.
                          I pick up one of mine for 150 bucks used at kittery trading post.

Comment

There is a reason that it is the #1 seller... you just can't beat it for the money. I have a Wingmaster and enjoy it very much. I have gravitated to using it for everything.

Comment

ive got to go and say mossberg is better they take recoil better and are cheap 280 buys u a combo 12 ga. with scope recoil pad check mount
                              bird and deer barrel

Comment

I own a 870 I use for deer, duck, goose, & rabbits and you can't beat it for the price. The only thing about them is that they will not cycle winchester ammunition. I have fought mine tooth and nail trying to get rid of all the winchester ammunition I had bought on sale. I finally gave it away and either use remmington or federal without any problems to date.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad