Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a Remington 870? What is your opinion on it? How much can you pick one up for? Can you change out the chokes? Would t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a Remington 870? What is your opinion on it? How much can you pick one up for? Can you change out the chokes? Would t

Anyone own a Remington 870? What is your opinion on it? How much can you pick one up for? Can you change out the chokes? Would this be a good 12ga. for someone new to hunting?

Its the best selling shotgun evermade. it amzingly reliable. Buy it you wont regret it. if your budget is higher i wouldd totaly get the wingmaster model
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington174-8708482-Pump-Action-Shotguns/705625.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2 Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fs ch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D870%26x%3D0% 26y%3D0&Ntt=870

Comment

the wingmaster version is the one with the nicer wood, but otherwise if you want a cheaper one get the other versions. the cheaper ones have a the same action

Comment

i've owned one for years and it has never let me down. you should also look at the 1187. very good shotgun for less than $500 in most cases. the 870 anyway.

Comment

Gander MT is running a sale on the 870/12ga-wood
          $280/After-Rebate of $60.00
          Good luck

Comment

tree stand i saw that deal in the paper the other day. great deal aint it

Comment

Whoa, that's really cheap....MOM! I found my Christmas present! Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate all of your input!

Comment

No problem bs that's what were here for . one question do you have a deer rifle because they sell an 870 bird deer combo with a slug and bird barrel. i would recommend this model
                http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington174-8708482-Express-Magnum-ShotgunSlug-Combos/706400.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2 Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26Nt k%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D870%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=87 0

Comment

for $280, i might just get another one. there is a gander mtn just down the road from me.

Comment

Treestand, you have a link for that sale? I am really interested in that deal at gander mtn.

Comment

Think there would be a big toss up as to most popular pump shotgun if you consider the Mod 12 Winchester! Now THERE was a pump gun!!!
                      I own an 870. Bought mine at Wally World some 20 years ago for $187.99! Screw in choke tubes, the whole nine yards. Matte finish on the metal, flat finish on the wood.

To all your questions.... a resounding YES!!!!

Bubba

Comment

J4huntfish, I do not currently own my own deer rifle, but I just borrow my grandfathers every time.

Comment

But, I will also take a look at that link.

Comment

bs i know my gander has one but check your local store. buy it at the store not internet

Comment

Thats the problem, I live in Springfield, MO the home of Bass Pro. No gander mtns in MO. Just Kansas and Arkansas.h

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad