• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best brand shotgun?

Whats the best brand shotgun?

Beretta.

Comment

When you say "best," the names that come to mind are Purdey, Boss, Holland & Holland, Webley & Scott, Churchill, all fine English doubles, and a number of Belgian makers.
      If you had said "best American," the names that come to mind are Parker, A.H. Fox, L.C Smith and of course, the Winchester Model 21 Grand American.

Comment

DITTO!!!99E

Comment

870 express mag. Cant go wrong. Bought one 14yrs ago for 198.00 and its still good as new. If ya got some bucks the others are great shotguns too,

Comment

depends what kind pump? semi auto? but i would say bennili for semi auto and remington for pump. im not sure about double barrels.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Remington.

Comment

I like Mossbergs.You can buy rifled slug barrels,extra choke tubes for different hunts and choose them in any finish that they offer.
                Though I do want a higher end shotgun,I don't think that you have to shell out all of your hard earned dollars for a good gun.Just make sure you get one that fits YOU and that it goes bang when you want it to and hits where you are pointing it.

Comment

you opened a can here...

Comment

Too many choice to say One is the very best, I like several and have at one time owned, Browning's ,Remington's,Steven's,L.C Smith's,A Parker,Beretta's they have all been good working weapons. To say ONE is best is not possible. Any of the "London Best" guns is good enough for me but I would have to sell the house to buy one, and my wife would shoot me with it if I did. ( Not really but I would be broke & single again).

Comment

He asks for the best and 870s and Mossbergs come out? Come on.

I think Beretta is probably the best current shotgun manufacturer. They've been around a little while and know what they are doing with all types of shotguns minus a pump. They should start making one.

Comment

shane, I know??? reminds me of the time that I asked for a good turkey gun OTHER than an 870 and at least 3 people still suggested it....good gun yes... best gun, NO NO NO!!!!!

Comment

Another vote for Mossberg 500...I have owned various pump and semi-autos,and the Mossberg 500 has been the one that goes with me in the wood's,(with exception of the old 195).Im only saying that because as a gunsmith apprentice,the Mossberg is the most fool proof,reliable desighn.It does'nt have the peened in cartridge stops like the Remmy 870,and its alluminum reciever is'nt prone to rust.Mossberg and Remmington both use the Hasting's barrels,and they aint got that flimsy,high tolerance cartridge lift,and trigger assembly's of the more high in shotty's,and cheap accessory barrels.The Mossy will always go bang,BTW my Slugster(Cheap 12ga Combo) likes Breneke K.O. 2-3/4" Lead Sabots,and It came pre-tapped,so I use a Weaver base and NcStar Reflex,Im happy.One day I might buy and try the new Savage 220 bolt action,20ga sluggy...

Comment

stick with the 'ol 870... take care of her and she'll take care of you for years and years.

Comment

I own a remington 870 express magnum and my grandpa owns the 870 express
                              I have shot and hunted with both and love them. but if you are looking for a gun you can bring around fast i would have to say look for a shadow

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad