Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used a lee load all reloader? How do they compare to mecs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used a lee load all reloader? How do they compare to mecs?

Has anyone used a lee load all reloader? How do they compare to mecs?

My dad has a lee and it works very well. But I don't know about the mecs.

Comment

i have one and it works fine for me

Comment

My neighbor would not use anything else and his reloads shoot as good as people who load with Dillons. I have never used Lee at all but don't really have a good reason for this decision other than I got started in 1970 using another brand and tend to be brand loyal. Probably also narrow minded, old,and opinionated.

Comment

I love my RCBS Rock Chucker; I make my own cases and competition ammo

Comment

I began reloading shotshells with a Lee Load All in 16 GA almost 30 years ago. It did and still does a great job even though it is mostly plastic. The sizer ring is seperate which would be a bother to anyone used to a MEC, Dillion, Pacific, etc. If you have never used one of the other machines you wouldn't know the difference. It comes complete with powder and shot bushings for various loads. Something the others don't. It is not a "high volume" reloader but is very practical for the beginner who wants to wet their feet without spending much money or for the person who likes to take their time and enjoy the task. They load very good ammo and one advantage I have found is that you don't need to change dies to load 3 inch shells. A buddy of mine loads his own 3 inch 12 ga turkey loads as well as 2 3/4 inch hunting loads and seems to enjoy this feature greatly. They also do not reguire adjustments to change from one type hull to another. Just make sure your recipe fits the hull you are using and load away!

I own Mec Jr.s in 12, 16, 20 and 28. I have never had one problem out of any of them. They are very dependable and load a very good shell. Some hulls require adjusting the dies but that is a minor criticism. Having to buy and keep up with powder bushings is something that is also a minor annoyance with this brand.

Comment

I have two one for shotgun, and the anniversary model for rifle. Couldn't be happier and I don't think groups could be smaller.

Comment

This is a very helpful post because I've been looking into the Lee Load All for a long time, but haven't really been able to get anyone's opinions on it.

Comment

Great answer Beekeeper, it was very helpful for me and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad