Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok,heres one for everyone i have heard that you can shoot a .44 magnum bullet from a 4/10 shotgun has anyone else heard of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok,heres one for everyone i have heard that you can shoot a .44 magnum bullet from a 4/10 shotgun has anyone else heard of this?

ok,heres one for everyone i have heard that you can shoot a .44 magnum bullet from a 4/10 shotgun has anyone else heard of this?i am not about to try it but i was curious to see if anyone else had heard of it

410 is the diameter not gauge, 44 mag is .429-.430, I would not try it!

Comment

I haven't heard of it, and sure don't want to be around if someone does try it.

Comment

You might be confusing .44 mag with .45 long colt.

H&R makes a shotgun/carbine that chambers either .45 LC or .410 shotshells or slugs, and Taurus makes a revolver that also fires both. There are other examples.

Makes me want one. Make that both.

Comment

Yes, 45 Long Colt, not 44 magnum, I would strongly advise against shooting any cartridge out of a gun not marked as safe for that cartridge.

Comment

DO NOT SHOOT a 44 mag through a 410. you can shoot a 45 long colt in SOME 410 shotguns.

Comment

No you can't do that. Even if it would it would be good for the 410.

Comment

The Taurus Judge (pistol) allows you to shoot both 45 LC and .410 shotshells.

Typically, a gun that can shoot either cannot shoot either very well.

Comment

I have also heard people say that before but I wouldn't try it.

Comment

I have a new england survivor gun chambered in .410/45 long colt and it shoots great. Do not shoot a 44 mag in a .410. Only shoot a 45 long colt in a .410 marked for it, if not the result could be bad.

Comment

They make some 410's that can shoot 45 colt also, but don,t try this unless you're sure of the particular gun!

Comment

Just stumbled onto an H&R single shot made in the early 1900's. It can shoot .410 and .44's - but the .44 is the .44 shotshell. Makes sense.

Comment

So, speaking of the Taurus Raging Judge Magnum (chambered TO FIT a .454 Casull, .45LC and .410 2-3/4 and 3"), I'm not sure I understand the "why not?" I mean, I'm good not doing it, but why isn't it rated? 44 Mag is less than the pressures the 454 Casull is putting, and the biggest issue is likely that the bore is slightly too large for a good spin on the 44 Mag. Here are the differences that I can see:
                          44mag neck diameter = .457 , bullet diameter = .429
                          454 Casull neck diameter = .480 , bullet diameter = .452

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad