Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We all love our Model 12's and are devoted to our M-870's. Does anyone agree with me that the Ithaca M-37 is as good or better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackdawgz
    replied
    For weight, the Ithaca 37 Featherlight 20 is one of the most sought-after guns today

Leave a comment:

• BdonH6F
    replied
    i have a 20 and a 12, lightest gun ive ever held

Leave a comment:

• Scott in Ohio
    replied
    I've had a 20 and a 12 and loved them both. You can get them for $300 used, they are very light to carry, and easy to pump. What's not to love?

Leave a comment:

• eskimo
    replied
    Being a southpaw bottom eject is best for me. I have a 20 and 12 M-37 and have enjoyed decades of their companionship. I own many other pumps and O/U's. I migrate back to my 37's because of their weight, ease of use and reliability in the field. A true "Great Gun".

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    An uncle of mine passed away several years ago who had a 20 gauge Remington Model 17. Unfortunately a cousin got the gun before I could lay claim to it. It was shiny with no bluing and hardly any wood finish. I wonder how many quail unc killed with it. No doubt you guys are aware that it was the original Model 37 before Ithaca waited for Remington to bring out the M-31 and the patent expired on the M-17. All great pump guns.

Leave a comment:

• 16gapheasantphiend
    replied
    Whoops meant 870, not 670(red faced) I swear am better w/ shotgun than computer

Leave a comment:

• 16gapheasantphiend
    replied
    Ithaca all the way(typing this wearing my Ithaca T-shirt) the M-12 was a great duck gun, the 670 can do anything, but the Ithaca is poetry in motion. the bottom eject is a nice feature so is the light weight. My wife has claimed my M-37 16ga I tried to get her the new BPS 16 but she said the Ithaca is lighter and she's right. easy swinging, pointing, and pumping it's just the tripple P Pure Pump Perfection!

Leave a comment:

• Armchair Mike
    replied
    Jim, she's already read my post and said, "Fat chance!"

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Good luck on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Armchair Mike
    replied
    The missus has a featherlight 20, and if we should ever call it quits, I believe I should get it.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    I agree. I've always wanted one of the originals.
    I think they are also dang good looking.
    Two twenties must be a burden ish, I'll give a fair to good price to relieve you of some burden.

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    The Ithaca 37 is probably one of the most, if not the most, underrated pump shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Good guns. One of the lightest shotguns ever made.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I've owned all three. Never liked the mdl 12 at all. The 870 was OK. My favorite the Ithaca mdl 37 deerslayer slew a carload of deer for me on FT Benning. It was hell on doves too.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Another John Browning classic.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
    by Danbo
    Lab - I hope your travels back East are going well .

The bandicoot doesn't believe anything unless yahoo news says it's so.

Today, 11:37 AM
  • Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
    by FirstBubba
    Number 1 - the committee was SUPPOSED to be composed of 8 (D)'s and 5 (R)'s.
    Pelosi rejected three of the (R) members and filled the spots with...
    06-11-2022, 08:51 AM
    by labrador12
    The pussy hat wearing riots didn't happen? The burning cars and burning city blocks didn't happen? What evidence do you want? The Steele Dossier is total...
    Today, 11:15 AM
    by 99explorer
    One side of this argument has tons of evidence, while the other side has none.
    Talk is cheap.
    Today, 11:01 AM
  • Reply to What's Ahead?
    by jhjimbo
    The group running the Country want to have an all out war with Putin. Just like they did in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, and Lybia. Susan Rice, Hillary,...
    Today, 09:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X