Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used Wolf ammo if so how well does is work and is it reliable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used Wolf ammo if so how well does is work and is it reliable.

Has anyone used Wolf ammo if so how well does is work and is it reliable.

I used wolf ammo for a while for the pistol. It always shot well and accurate. I was pleased with the ammo.

Comment

Good ammo, nothing wrong with it at all.

Comment

wolf is a smaller company that doesn't get very much recognition. i've used several calibers and never had a problem that wasn't my fault.

Comment

I went to a gun range once and the owner told me I could not use reloads or any kind of lower end brand like wolf. He ignored me when I asked why and later found that he sold his own ammo for his range. Besides that, the wolf ammo I had was fine.

Comment

i shoot wolf all the time and it works fine.

Comment

I value my dies too much to reload their steel cases.

Comment

I have only used .45 ACP. They worked fine in 3 pistols but I have a few failures to extract with a Kimber. I am told that the steel cases are "hard" on extractors. I never reload the steel cases.

Comment

I bought some steel cased .410 slugs, Half of them misfired. I had been curious about reloading till I discovered they had those nonreloadable European primers. I mix up whether they are the berdan or the boxer, no matter, they wouln't reload. I got some Wolf .45 ammo for my 1911, and it shot just fine, I might even get more if it is cheap. I ain't buyin no more of that steel cased .410 though.

Comment

A buddy of mine took a ton of Wolf shotugn shells on a snow goose hunt with me. They worked fine in the pumps, but they appear to burn really dirty and have a sulfury smell to them. The gun was awfully dirty at the end of the day. Also, when they were tried in a Beretta autoloader they jammed the gun up every 3rd shot or so.

So for target shooting or whatever they are fine, but if you are in the field and putting a lot of rounds through a gun, be a bit wary.

Comment

okay thanks i was just planning on using it in my .223 which is mostly going to be a target rifle

Comment

Wolf ammo has a tendency to be dirty, so I avoid the brand for any semi autos. Accuracy is ok, but my relaods are better and a lot of their stuff is steel case so not much good to a reloader at all.

Comment

It would be my last choice for my firearm. Dirty and unreliable.

Comment

It's a great Ammo!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                              by PigHunter
                              You're right, I'm an Agnostic. But, I've been a Christian, Sunday School teacher, and lay preacher. With an hour's prep I could probably deliver a decent...
                              Today, 02:00 PM
                            • 16 Years
                              by jhjimbo
                              So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                              Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                            • Reply to 16 Years
                              by Ontario Honker Hunter
                              Har, har, har. I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals,...
                              Today, 01:58 PM
                            • Reply to Another New Upper
                              by jhjimbo
                              What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
                              Today, 01:16 PM
                            • Another New Upper
                              by DakotaMan
                              Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                              Today, 12:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X