Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have shot 45 Supers but never a 1911 converted to a 460 Rowland. Have any of you had the experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have shot 45 Supers but never a 1911 converted to a 460 Rowland. Have any of you had the experience?

I have shot 45 Supers but never a 1911 converted to a 460 Rowland. Have any of you had the experience?

What I've been told 460 Rowland is about the equivalent of a 44 mag

Comment

Clay I have heard that a few locals pack Rowlands for bear protection and it does sound like a reasonable but also an expensive conversion. I have never actually met the people as it is always someone who knows someone who knows, well you get the picture. I have shot Supers in my Kimbers with just a change in spring weight. Pf course this decreases the reliability factor if you change back to ACP without also changing the springs. A friend fires Supers and ACPs with nary a change in his Springfield 1911 and swears it has not hurt anything. I don't recommend this practice but to be truthful I did examine his pistol and discovered no evidence of battering or damage. He says he has shot about 200 Supers through it. Again don't go out and do this with your factory sprung 1911 of any brand.

Comment

I have no experienced with it and I love to get one for myself!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad