Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do barska scopes compare with the more expensive brands like nikon and Leupold? Are you really getting more out of them? w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do barska scopes compare with the more expensive brands like nikon and Leupold? Are you really getting more out of them? w

how do barska scopes compare with the more expensive brands like nikon and Leupold? Are you really getting more out of them? what are some of the best all around deer hunting scopes under 300 dollars?

I have a Leupold FX II 4 x 33 on my Tikka T3 270 and I love it. It was about $270 + tax

Comment

look through my recently asked questions i got many opinions on a similar question

Comment

I don't know, but I've been thinking the same thing, so I ordered a Barska 6-24x42 scope about two days ago to find out. I'll let you know how it does.

Comment

ive owned 1 barska i will never own another one, to me its worth the extra $$$$$ to buy good glass. lots of people say your rifle is only as good as the person shooting it, i also add a rifle is only as good as the glass you top it with. i would look at a Nikon the have some cheaper scopes that i love (Nikon Pro-Staff $150) they also have some higher dollar scoped that are great (Nikon Buckmaster $200-$400) and the price just keeps going up for the better scope, so for the average shooter look at the pro-staff and buckmaster scopes.

Comment

If you're looking for a good scope but don't want to pay big bucks, I'd recommend a Swift. Fair price, quality scope, my family has three currently in use. http://www.eabco.com/Swift01.htm

Still, nothing will hold up to abuse like a Leupold...

Comment

I've been a Nikon fan recently.. and in that price range, the Buckmaster is a very very quality piece of glass. I bumped up to the newest Nikon Monarch and found a website that had it for under $400. I couldn't find that scope anywhere else for less than $499. The website is www.arcadian-sales.com and I was thoroughly impressed with the buy I got from them.

Comment

ckRich

I did not know they still made Swift scopes. Thanks for that info. My son's Savage 99 .308 has a 4x Swift compact that has been a very good scope for 10+ years. Pretty sweet deer rifle set up!

If they are still made in Japan, they are probably still good quality.

Comment

Your welcome WA Mtnhunter. Here is the link for the actual Swift website: http://www.swift-sportoptics.com/

Comment

I am a huge Nikon fan. Great scopes, great warranty and decent price. Prostaff or Omegas are excellent.

Comment

Barska scopes are terrible. I bought one and regret it. They look a hell of a lot better in the store than they do when you finally get one in the field.

Comment

Thanks guys great help I think I will spend the extra and get a good piece..Looneyducer let me know how that Barska does tho...Thx again.

Comment

I have Simmons Whitetail Expedition 3X12-40mm that I picked up five years ago new for $250 and I shoot a 7mm Rem Mag and I couldn't ask for a better scope at that price.

Comment

I favor Leupold and you can find a 3x9 varixII for under $300. The glass is hard to beat for the price. Nikon is making very nice affordable scopes now also.
                            The Barska's are russian I understand and they are bargain basement models, so beware.
                            Scopes and binocs are two things you should splurge on if you can.

Comment

IMHO, the best deer scope around is the Mueller Tac2. Unbeliedveably clear and bright, solid; just a fine piece of equiment with Japanese lenses.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad