Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is for those of you who have experience shooting either one, or preferably both, of these rifles: stock Browning A Bolt .30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is for those of you who have experience shooting either one, or preferably both, of these rifles: stock Browning A Bolt .30

This is for those of you who have experience shooting either one, or preferably both, of these rifles: stock Browning A Bolt .30-06 or Remington 700?

Tex,

I own both. Both are good, solid rifles. The A-bolt has a better trigger in my opinion. Accuracy seems about even.

Comment

Beekeeper is right, both are extremely accurate the Abolt will weigh less,other than that take your pick.

Comment

This question really just boils down to which one that you preferr. Both are very good rifles.

Comment

My Browning is similar to the A-bolt but it is custom with a Sako action made in Finland. I still say the 700 runs with it.

Comment

I shoot the 700, I am just partial to it. My first deer rifle was a 22-250 700 BDL. I have never found a reason to stray. I have fired the A-bolt and can find no fault with it. Semper Fi.

Comment

The real deference in the two is reloadability, Browning has a detachable magazine and you have to fumble with it. 700, just drop the rounds into the mag as you go, Browning it’s a tad more difficult. I do have both and satisfied with them

Comment

My Remington 700 BDL in .30-'06 looks good, shoots well and is easy to handle but for the spill-plate to empty a magazine. I just can't afford to buy them 2 at a time. Browning A-bolt? Fine. Neither one is a mistake.

Comment

I would have to say these guns are both equal as far as reliability and accuracy goes. I prefer the browning because i think it looks and feels better. Its a little lighter, but also a little more expensive than the 700. Go with the one that you like better and you will be happy with it.

Comment

Only the better 700's run with the browning. both are accurate. You can't compare a 700 sps with a browning medallion for instance.

Comment

The Browning A-bolt is easy to operate, and very accurate. My 7mm Remington Mag will put three bullets touching at 100 yards, if I do my part.
                      I love the magazine; put it in, the rifle is loaded, take it out, it's not. It can't fall out, you can load it from the top, like a fixed box magazine, and because it's a push-feed, as is the Remington, you can throw a cartridge on top of the follower and slam it home, round after round. Both are great guns, the Remington has a lot more aftermarket items to personalize it, triggers, stocks, etc. Neither is a bad choice.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad