Hornady precision hunter ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornady precision hunter ammo

Found some hornady precision hunter in 25-06 110 grain ELDX bullets. Anyone have any experience with it at all. Found six boxes just wondering before I buy all six boxes. Thank you in advance.

Buy 1 box and see how they shoot in your gun. Buy with option for the other 5 boxes.

I finally have settled on one load for each firearm. No more trying to adjust the scope for variation from load to load.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 06-29-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Agree but What I normally use is very hard to find currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
        Agree but What I normally use is very hard to find currently.

Buy all six. Nice to have them if your primary ammo is unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Buy all six. Nice to have them if your primary ammo is unavailable.
          Yep exactly!

Comment

Buy it. I myself recently came across 4 boxes of 243 which I promptly bought. I say again, buy them. Don't look a gift horse type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              Buy it. I myself recently came across 4 boxes of 243 which I promptly bought. I say again, buy them. Don't look a gift horse type of thing.
              Yep I will be searching for more whilst on vacation next week.

Comment

I've been using the 143gr ELD-X in my 6.5 CM with great success. Deer and pigs drop readily with apparently good expansion. It's been very accurate in my rifle and I expect you'll have the same results in the 25-06

Comment

If the price is right, use it for trading material or shoot it up for the brass and for practice.

Hey, even if it's the wrong bullet weight, it'll beat an atl-atl!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                    I've been using the 143gr ELD-X in my 6.5 CM with great success. Deer and pigs drop readily with apparently good expansion. It's been very accurate in my rifle and I expect you'll have the same results in the 25-06
                    That’s what I’m hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                      I just stumbled across a couple of boxes in my tool box this evening .243 that is. Traded mine for my extra 25-06.

Comment

I have found on other shooting forums that members alert each other to the availability of other products . I suggest we post what we are looking for , say your personal favorite 25-06 brand and bullet weight because the best way to help feed our gun obsession to to helps others with theirs. I find I run out of money long before I run out of deals . To answer your question , buy it and if it doesn’t work out trade or sell it ! You will recoup your money . BTW enjoy your vacation .

Comment

I just buy what I need when it’s available but I never buy more than 1 box of anything until I try it out in my rifle. Federal .30-06 165 gr TSX was bug-hole accurate then discontinued. Then they brought that load back out a couple years ago and it doesn’t shoot well in my rifle. I have a few of the old loads to compare so it wasn’t me or the rifle. Happy I only bought one box.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                            I just buy what I need when it’s available but I never buy more than 1 box of anything until I try it out in my rifle. Federal .30-06 165 gr TSX was bug-hole accurate then discontinued. Then they brought that load back out a couple years ago and it doesn’t shoot well in my rifle. I have a few of the old loads to compare so it wasn’t me or the rifle. Happy I only bought one box.
                            Bug-hole reminds me of a time I was shooting my Marlin .22mag at the range. My buddy was spotting for me and I was putting them in real good. Suddenly a bug landed on the target at 11 o'clock about 4" from the bull. I made my Kentucky windage calculations and fired and he yelled out, YOU GOT IT. Lucky shot. He talked about that shot for a month.

Comment

Oh yeah, Hornady and bug-hole groups don’t belong in the same conversation. My opinion anyways! 🤣

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad