Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington or Winchester?

Remington or Winchester?

I own a winchester shotgun and a remington .22 and am going to buy a marlin xl7 in .270 so to me it doesnt matter as long as you have fun with it. also on this point i think to many people get hung up on brands, unless youre sponsored who cares( mainly pertaining to things other than guns). if one thing performs as good as another but is less expensive or feels better or any number of things that is the one im going with

Comment

both

Comment

as long as it kills clean it doesnt matter to me. but if i had to pick i would go with Rimington.

Comment

Remington

Comment

I always liked Remchester best but I think they quit making them in '63.

Comment

I agree with kolbster, I know all of my rifles are Remington and I love them.

Comment

I like and own both.

Comment

Winchester

Comment

Whats better, Chevy or Ford?

Comment

Prior to 1964, I regarded the Winchester Model 70 "Featherweight" as the epitome of a hunting rifle. Cost-cutting production methods made an impact in the Model 70. By the time I'd completed an enlistment in 1968, I was disappointed in the changes, and opted for a Remington Model 700 in .30-'06 (which served me well for 18 years). A series of Model 700s and Model 600s followed, as well as a few Ruger Model 77s. I wouldn't purchase another Winchester Model 70 until USRAC provided a redesign and a shorter action to accommodate the .308 family of cartridges. Over time, I've owned an embarrassing number of rifles. In truth, I cannot recommend one brand over another when considering Remington and Winchester, and can only recommend one model or another, one cartridge or another, when a specific application is cited. I've gotten excellent performance from rifles made by both.

Comment

Depends on rifle or shotgun.

Comment

Chevy

Comment

Depends, sort of like the GM vs Ford vs Dodge question.

What type of gun, rifle, or shotgun? Made when? made of what? How much?

Comment

Remington Model 700 in any caliber, but Winchester .30-30. Although I admit, if we're talking rifles here, I do not recall shooting any Winchester bolt actions...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad