No announcement yet.

How To Do It Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks jimbo. I used a Teslong rigid iPhone WIFI borescope. You can buy one on Amazon for $98.99. They have several versions. You just load a WIFI camera viewer app (I use Scope View) on your iPhone or Android and connect to the dedicated WIFI signal emitted by the scope. It lets you save pictures and videos of your scope view. I highly recommend it. My buddy and I previously used expensive borescopes and we switched to these. Even though they are inexpensive, they do a great job and are easy to use. I think you will get good use out of it and it is everything you need to keep and eye on your bore. They help you understand what shape your rifle is in and what the effects of your cleaning regimen are. I wouldn't be without it.

The bullets are caliber specific so you order a kit with bullets for your rifle. They are good bullets (I forget but perhaps they were Sierra Game Kings) and they shoot pretty accurately during the process.

Comment

[QUOTE=DakotaMan;n788849]Thanks jimbo. I used a Teslong rigid iPhone WIFI borescope. You can buy one on Amazon for $98.99. They have several versions. You just load a WIFI camera viewer app (I use Scope View) on your iPhone or Android and connect to the dedicated WIFI signal emitted by the scope. It lets you save pictures and videos of your scope view. I highly recommend it. My buddy and I previously used expensive borescopes and we switched to these. Even though they are inexpensive, they do a great job and are easy to use. I think you will get good use out of it and it is everything you need to keep and eye on your bore. They help you understand what shape your rifle is in and what the effects of your cleaning regimen are. I wouldn't be without it.

The bullets are caliber specific so you order a kit with bullets for your rifle. They are good bullets (I forget but perhaps they were Sierra Game Kings) and they shoot pretty accurately during the process.[/

A borescope ! Sounds like a cheap and maybe quick substitute for a colonoscopy. 🤔 🙃

Comment

[QUOTE=bowhunter75richard;n788868]
        Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
        Thanks jimbo. I used a Teslong rigid iPhone WIFI borescope. You can buy one on Amazon for $98.99. They have several versions. You just load a WIFI camera viewer app (I use Scope View) on your iPhone or Android and connect to the dedicated WIFI signal emitted by the scope. It lets you save pictures and videos of your scope view. I highly recommend it. My buddy and I previously used expensive borescopes and we switched to these. Even though they are inexpensive, they do a great job and are easy to use. I think you will get good use out of it and it is everything you need to keep and eye on your bore. They help you understand what shape your rifle is in and what the effects of your cleaning regimen are. I wouldn't be without it.

The bullets are caliber specific so you order a kit with bullets for your rifle. They are good bullets (I forget but perhaps they were Sierra Game Kings) and they shoot pretty accurately during the process.[/

A borescope ! Sounds like a cheap and maybe quick substitute for a colonoscopy. 🤔 🙃
        LMBO!!!!!!!!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😜😳

Comment

I ordered the borescope.

Comment

[QUOTE=bowhunter75richard:
            [/QUOTE]

Best to get the flexible tipped version if you intend to do your own colonoscopy. I'm on Medicare and they are covered for me, so I got the fixed rod style with which I can easily measure depth of probe into my barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              I ordered the borescope.
              I think you will like it. Please let us know what you think.

Comment

I’ve only had one new rifle and I’m following a break-in process. My old .35 Whelen didn’t shoot well when I first got it used. It settled down and shot well after about 3 boxes of factory ammo. I suppose the original owner didn’t shoot it much due to recoil. The rest I just shoot because I’m guessing the previous owner either did or didn’t. I have only fired 16 rounds through my 6.5 - .300 Weatherby. Shoots great out of the box.

Comment

I load 160gr in my 6.5X55 Sweed at about 2400fps. Shot a couple of deer in the Adirondacks and it is spectacular on whitetails. The 6.5X300 could use a heavier bullet if there is room.
                  The light bullets would do good extra long range like speed goats.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	6.5X55 tsrget  11 23 14 002.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	789024

Comment

Got my borescope today. 10 min set up and I am getting images and taking photo's. I need to get a rifle rest set up so I can tweek the scope. these are just some random pics. to show images. so far very happy with it and it's simplicity. I am using win 10 and computer monitor with USB off computer will also work on Mac and android. will not work on iPhone. pic is my fingerpprint and also barrel of Ruger Ranch rifle 7.62x39. less than 30 rds fired on new gun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	601.0 KB
ID:	789079 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0961.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	745.7 KB
ID:	789080 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0960.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	892.9 KB
ID:	789081

Comment

I think you will like it. Please let us know what you think.
                      I like it a lot. I need to set up my rifle vice so I can use both hands on the boresight. Only took a few minutes to set up and get images. It came with 3 mirrors. On Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0960.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	892.9 KB
ID:	789264 e has a red end - any idea what that might be for ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        ... one has a red end - any idea what that might be for ?
                        Glad you like it jimbo. I have no idea what the red tip is. Mine didn't have that. I suggest you experiment with screwing the mirror tip out as far as it will go. It makes a big difference in your field of view. Also experiment with the different tips and keep the lens clean. As you saw in a couple of the pictures I posted, my mirror picked up some debris as I was scoping a dirty barrel. It may also help to try several different iPhone apps to see which does the best for you.

Comment

Glad you like it jimbo. I have no idea what the red tip is. Mine didn't have that. I suggest you experiment with screwing the mirror tip out as far as it will go. It makes a big difference in your field of view. Also experiment with the different tips and keep the lens clean. As you saw in a couple of the pictures I posted, my mirror picked up some debris as I was scoping a dirty barrel. It may also help to try several different iPhone apps to see which does the best for you.
                          Thanks. I will try the tips. I use my compputer monitor to view. Instructions say it will work on computer, android but not on iPhone.

Comment

I have some more pics - start of lands, bolt face. lands/ggroves straight on and muzzle inside flash hider Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	562.2 KB
ID:	789322 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	552.8 KB
ID:	789323 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0964.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	734.7 KB
ID:	789324 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	789325

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20220110_06_33_22_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	789338 Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20220110_06_33_22_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	789331 Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20220110_06_49_32_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	789332 Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20220110_06_33_22_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	789334 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0960.jpg Views:	0 Size:	892.9 KB ID:	789335 Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20220110_06_33_22_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	789336 Click image for larger version  Name:	WIN_20220110_06_48_38_Pro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	789337 Next I did the Mossberg I just got. The brown round balls my guess are oil droplets. Bore and just where the lands start. Bolt face. Attached file is right at the muzzle. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0960.jpg Views:	2 Size:	892.9 KB ID:	789330
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-10-2022, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Going to go to the cleaning bench and do these two rifles and then see the difference. Stay tuned.
                                So far I am getting used to using the scope and the Windows 10 interface with cameras and photos. Not bad but takes a little getting used to.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad