Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems like the 7.62 x 54R ammo around here has dried up for my Moisin-Nagant. Does anyone know a CHEAP source since we use it f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like the 7.62 x 54R ammo around here has dried up for my Moisin-Nagant. Does anyone know a CHEAP source since we use it f

Seems like the 7.62 x 54R ammo around here has dried up for my Moisin-Nagant. Does anyone know a CHEAP source since we use it for plinking?

i was gunna buy one because they are like $90 and i ended up going with an sks. I'm sure you've probably herd of Wolf brand before, my local gander mountain, dunams, and dicks has a ton of the stuff

Comment

Ya I got one of them M44's. I can't find any "cheap" ammo, but the best deal is on J&G sales. http://www.jgsales.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=7.62+x+54r&sea rch_in_description=1&osCsid=abb739902daf274f3c565b 50037b5872&x=0&y=0. It's less expensive bulk ammo. Just be careful because the ammo is left over from WWII I think. I had some shells in my last order that has cracked cases and therefore wouldn't load or wouldn't give enough back pressure and the bullet would get stuck in the barrel. There was only like 10 in a 400 rd box though.

Comment

evspence, I have shot a lot of Wolf but recently the price has increased dramatically. I also have an SKS for which cheap ammo is plentiful as you are aware. HillbillyDeluxe, I forgot about J & G since I have not bought from them in years. I'll check them out tomorrow. Thanks to both of you for the input. Since these rifles are plinking toys I try to keep costs down and don't want to spend time reloading for them.

Comment

Try cheaperthandirt.com, natchezss.com or midwayusa.com

Comment

Steve182 I previously looked at the three you mentioned and figured out I might as well be shooting store bought 7 mags for the price they wanted. I do appreciate your post as perhaps some folks are not aware of these oridinarily wonder sources of supply. Consequently I opted for the J & G antique military stuff since all we are looking for is a bang and a bullet. I appreciate all of you guys commenting.

Comment

Its a good time to get into reloading,you can do it cheaply and get better plinking ammo.

Comment

Agreed with HillbillyDeluxe answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                  Pighunter: I don't need to speak for Christ. His message is clear enough and simple enough for anyone to grasp. There is no such thing as God's chosen....
                  Today, 12:15 PM
                • 16 Years
                  by jhjimbo
                  So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                  Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                • Reply to 16 Years
                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                  Har, har. Nice try. And just what do you think drove earliest societal construction? Survival of the family unit/herd. It's ingrained in our DNA through...
                  Today, 12:06 PM
                • Reply to 16 Years
                  by PigHunter
                  OHH, I totally disagree with you. That's a ridiculous statement that "Blind partisinism (sic) is racism in a sheep's clothing." Do you even...
                  Today, 11:59 AM
                • Reply to 16 Years
                  by jhjimbo
                  If she gets to carry out a fraction of HER agenda, you will be very disappointed. Even the Dems at the debate only gave her a 5% approval rating and...
                  Today, 11:58 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X