Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Made some good deals recently so now have to find some suitable rifles for these bad boys. Going to see what is available left - hand. Maybe Weatherby has something new. I Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3630.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	783627 only have two right hand left and I don't want to add any to them.

Have you ever considered a Ruger No. 1 or some other single shot ? ...not a Handi-Rifle.

Comment

The top looks to be a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD, the bottom obviously a Nikon but what’s the middle scope? Looks short.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        The top looks to be a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD, the bottom obviously a Nikon but what’s the middle scope? Looks short.
        The scope is 3-12x44 made in germany. for short action / tactical.

UTG Europe GmbH - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear

Mine is the Accushot Series.
        Leapers, Inc. 2021 Catalog - Optics.pdf (utgeurope.com)

there is a german translator.
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-24-2021, 01:42 AM.

Comment

That Bushnell will work nicely on a .22lr, looks to be the same 3-9x40 that’s on my wife’s CZ 455. Side parallax adjustment down to 10 yards. I had it on my 455 and probably should have just picked up another for her. The following year they were discontinued and were being sold for $108. We bought one for her sister.

I’m down to just 3 Chinese made scopes, that one is a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            That Bushnell will work nicely on a .22lr, looks to be the same 3-9x40 that’s on my wife’s CZ 455. Side parallax adjustment down to 10 yards. I had it on my 455 and probably should have just picked up another for her. The following year they were discontinued and were being sold for $108. We bought one for her sister.

I’m down to just 3 Chinese made scopes, that one is a keeper.
            The Bushnell is a 4.5X14 and was replaced by an Acme Machine 4X16. https://www.acmemachine.com/optics-sights/

I have only had 2 scopes fail in ober 50 years. One fogged up when on a bear hunt in the Adirondacks when I got high on a mtn. The other was a Tasco World Class that broke a reticle wire - they fixed it under lifetime warranty. I have had some old Weavers freshened/cleaned up by the X Weaver employees in Texas. I don't think they do it any more.

Lens material both glass and plastic have never been better. All have access to the same glass. Do you know Leupold does not make their own glass. They mention that in their Factory tour video. The glass on my Swarovski is about the same quality of a Leuopold X-III. jim

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Finally!
              by FirstBubba
              Is that photo from your shooting position?
              Today, 09:10 PM
            • Finally!
              by Ernie
              Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
              Today, 01:00 PM
            • Reply to Finally!
              by Ernie

where the red line is, is where she was bedded....
              Today, 08:51 PM
            • Reply to Finally!
              by PigHunter
              Congrats Ernie! Now that's the kind of detail I like in a hunting story. It helps me picture the hunt and share some of the excitement.
              Today, 08:30 PM
            • If you like dummies
              by franchi20
              For an entertaining 11 minutes, Google and watch Jeff Dunham Biden interview.
              Today, 06:23 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X