Scope rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope rings

Oldest kid bought a Rem 700 .308 Win heavy bbl sniper rifle with a Burris 3-15×50 MOA.
    The scope rings don't have a brand name

Do any of you recognize
    this mark? It's only on the scope rings.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210929_163359.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	781739
    I'm not familiar with the logo.

Looks like Seekins Precision
    Last edited by dewman; 09-29-2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      Looks like Seekins Precision
      That appears to be their logo! Thanks, dewman.
      Apparently, they are pretty good.

Comment

Seekins Precision.com

​​​​​​​

Comment

Glenn makes really good stuff-He is a great guy.
          I use Seekins Rings quite often myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
            Glenn makes really good stuff-He is a great guy.
            I use Seekins Rings quite often myself.
            Ernie, is there anybody in the shooting world you DON'T know???
            😉😃! LOL!

Comment

There is a lot of people in the shooting world that I do not know.
              Glenn used to compete at WTRC, which is outside of Gillette.
              I have competed in that match as well. Got to know him during that 3-day match.
              Also spent some time with him at the SHOT SHOW.
              That is when the two us us did some horse trading at the show and after. His co-worker got a XP, and I got a Seekins AR Pistol with two different uppers-It shoots so good!

Comment

WTRC
                https://www.macsgunworks.com/previous-years/
                If you get down toward the bottom of the pictures, you will see one pic of me with my rear-grip 6.5-06 specialty pistol with a raw McRee Chassis shooting, and another picture of Darrell Holland and I at a stage. Darrell is at the spotting scope and I am on target.
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql4vku98ey...PDF-1.pdf?dl=0

Comment

That's absolutely awesome, Ernie!
                  I'm amazed and jealous! 😉 LOL!
                  As much as I enjoy shooting, I had no idea all these different events were out there and available.
                  I don't know what drew you to this site, but I'm glad you're here.

Comment

Thank you.
                    There is a lot of cool/different/unique shoots all over our country.
                    I have been blessed to be able to shoot at the some of the LR games

Comment

Darrell shot the carbine (RED) targets out to 500 yards, with bonus targets further, and I shot the LR (BLUE) targets out to 1K, with bonus targets further. One year I shot a single-shot specialty pistol, and the other year I shot the 6.5-06 specialty pistol. We took second place (Or, 1st Place Loser) each year. We only shot together for this match for two years.
                      I help Darrell sometimes with his Long-Range Shooting Classes.
                      Each competitor shoots handgun (semi-auto or revolver) targets (WHITE), which are out to 50 yards.
                      Last edited by Ernie; 09-30-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

"... We took second place (Or, 1st Place Loser) ..."

I don't buy that.
                        Look Ernie, there are instances where 1st place got a break, was lucky or the "Fickle Finger of Fate" just didn't point to whoever finished in 2nd place.

A guy I knew went to a registered trap shoot in Las Vegas he'd qualified for.
                        He came in the store and everybody gathered round to hear the good news!
                        "I broke 500 straight... and I might as well have not even gone!"
                        He missed one bird in his last round and didn't even qualify for the loser bracket!!!!!
                        He had been going to state and regional shoots and doing very well. He got out to Las Vegas running with the big dogs and had to climb up on the porch, so to speak!
                        Benny could run 100 straight anytime. Kill a limit of 20 doves with 5 rounds left out of a box. Kill 5 birds on a covey rise.
                        Heckuva shot.....but sometimes, stuff just happens. Has nothing to do with your skills or abilities.
                        Think about the guys behind you whose finishing "place" was double or triple figures.

Comment

The guys who beat us the first year placed behind us the following year.
                          Darrell and I know we are competing at a disadvantage, since I am using a specialty pistol for the long-range portion. That made it more fun for us.
                          We were pleased to place 2nd two years in a row.

Comment

Seekins rings are very good and will serve him well. This may have already been done; but if not, I suggest coating all scope mount screws in pink Loctite (made for very fine threads so you can get them loose without damaging the threads) and tightening them with a torque driver to spec. If you don't have a spec, just do 22 in/lbs on the base screws and 17 in/lbs on the ring screws. If you don't do this, your screws will work loose over time and the precision will drop gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                              Seekins rings are very good and will serve him well. This may have already been done; but if not, I suggest coating all scope mount screws in pink Loctite (made for very fine threads so you can get them loose without damaging the threads) and tightening them with a torque driver to spec. If you don't have a spec, just do 22 in/lbs on the base screws and 17 in/lbs on the ring screws. If you don't do this, your screws will work loose over time and the precision will drop gradually.
                              Before using LocTite, wash screws and ring holes with alcohol or brake cleaner to wash off any remaining machine oil.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad