New 4 X 16 - 44mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4 X 16 - 44mm

Just got my new scope from Acme Machine. the scope (China) is private labeled for Acme. First focal plan, red/green illuminated, Limited lifetime warranty.
    Only thing is, no instructions included. Guess I go on web site.
    Now to decide what to put it on. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0811.JPG Views:	0 Size:	743.3 KB ID:	780816 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0812.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	780817 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0814.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	780818 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0813.JPG Views:	0 Size:	783.0 KB ID:	780819

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0815.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	842.2 KB
ID:	780822

Comment

I checked them out after your last post. I didn’t find much but the reviews I saw said they were better than expected. No long term reviews, hope you don’t need the warranty. I did see a complaint about a lack of instructions.

Let us know how she shakes out.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        I checked them out after your last post. I didn’t find much but the reviews I saw said they were better than expected. No long term reviews, hope you don’t need the warranty. I did see a complaint about a lack of instructions.

Forgot to say 30mm tube. The emblem is the battery compartment cap. knobs are select red or green and power 0 to 5. Inside that ring is focus adj. Looks about 25 yds to indinity. The wind and vert. are reset to 0. I might consider mt Rem 700 22-250 or my Savage B Mag .17WSM because I do some late shooting at groundhogs with that one at camp, as long as I don't run into Bigfoot. One guy had it throwing stones at him - nobody else was with him. I had mentioned before they made a plaster cast of prints on my 800' driveway. A town not too far a way was suppose to print a pic of one getting in a dumpster and put in the paper.
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-20-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Forgot to say 30mm tube. The emblem is the battery compartment cap. knobs are select red or green and power 0 to 5. Inside that ring is focus adj. Looks about 25 yds to indinity. The wind and vert. are reset to 0. I might consider mt Rem 700 22-250 or my Savage B Mag .17WSM because I do some late shooting at groundhogs with that one at camp.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            The only illuminated scope I have is on the crossbow. All I need to see is the target's silloutte and I can make the shot
            This is my first illuminated scope. I have another I got by mistake as it is for AR type installations and I don't have an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Forgot to say 30mm tube. The emblem is the battery compartment cap. knobs are select red or green and power 0 to 5. Inside that ring is focus adj. Looks about 25 yds to indinity. The wind and vert. are reset to 0. I might consider mt Rem 700 22-250 or my Savage B Mag .17WSM because I do some late shooting at groundhogs with that one at camp, as long as I don't run into Bigfoot. One guy had it throwing stones at him - nobody else was with him. I had mentioned before they made a plaster cast of prints on my 800' driveway. A town not too far a way was suppose to print a pic of one getting in a dumpster and put in the paper.
              Bigfoot ok I’ll bite. What the hell. Throwing rock maybe acorns falling.

Comment

Making cast of footprint in my driveway. Click image for larger version

Name:	BFRO making  cast.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	6.06 MB
ID:	780859

Comment

Those were probably bear prints. Bigfoot doesn't exist and I'd stay away from anyone who believes they do.
                  Almost no bears in Ohio and if there was one it would be a young male pushed out of PA or WVA to make a new territory.

Comment

Those were probably bear prints. Bigfoot doesn't exist and I'd stay away from anyone who believes they do.
                    With all the trail cameras and hunters in the woods if they exist we would know by now. And some hillbilly would have shot it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      Just got my new scope from Acme Machine. the scope (China) is private labeled for Acme. First focal plan, red/green illuminated, Limited lifetime warranty.
                      Only thing is, no instructions included. Guess I go on web site.
                      Now to decide what to put it on. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0811.JPG Views:	0 Size:	743.3 KB ID:	780816 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0812.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	780817 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0814.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	780818 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0813.JPG Views:	0 Size:	783.0 KB ID:	780819
                      There have been well documented complaints about the cabelas and bass pro house brands not coming with instructions. And they are garbage. Just saying.

Comment

The only illuminated scope I have is on the crossbow. All I need to see is the target's silloutte and I can make the shot
                        When I was building a lot of AR's, I would put "lighted reticle" scopes on them. The AR fanatics thought they were "far out and groovy"!
                        In fact, I put one on a rifle I built for my oldest. Sad mistake!
                        To me, a lighted reticle is just something else to go wrong.
                        I use variable power scopes.
                        That's about as far as I go.

Good luck with your scope jimbo. I hope it works well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

With all the trail cameras and hunters in the woods if they exist we would know by now. And some hillbilly would have shot it.
                          So that happened for some 30 feet down my drive ? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

People who have had contact or photo's don't advertise it. They want privacy. I don't care as I don't thinkit will affect the value of my property - maybe increase it.

Comment

What is the simplest explanation? You've acknowledged that bears can be in the area, even if unlikely.

But there's never been a carcass of a Bigfoot available for examination. There's no fossil record. The supposed 'proof' has shown to be fake. Come on, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What is Occam's Razor?

See above post.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad