Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a good .22,.38, 9mm, or.40 within 100 to 330 bucks? If not what other gun do you recomend i buy??? Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a good .22,.38, 9mm, or.40 within 100 to 330 bucks? If not what other gun do you recomend i buy??? Thanks!

Is there a good .22,.38, 9mm, or.40 within 100 to 330 bucks? If not what other gun do you recomend i buy??? Thanks!

The Ruger Mark 1,2 or 3 are great .22 pistols. I'm not sure how much they run but the Mark 1s have been out for quite some time so you might be able to find a good used one if a new one isn't in your price range.

Comment

This is sort of a vauge question. Are you referring to a rifle, or handgun? For a handgun, the Ruger MK I,II,and III are good target models, I prefer a Stainless Single Six in 22 Long Rifle / 22 Magnum. For a rifle, any of the Marlin line are excellent shooters, and you can get some in bolt, lever, or semiautomatic actions. My preferred in a rifle is the old Winchester 94 in 30-30, you can find some used ones in some pistol calibers like 44 magnum. Depends on what you want to use it for and what caliber you are comfortable using.

Comment

If you are looking for a pistol Taurus makes some good ones but they are like 400 so a little more that you are thinking about spending.

Comment

I agree with the first two gentlemen on the Ruger Mark .22's. Find a good pawn shop in your area that sells pistols and barter with them. Yeah, its used but that is where you will save your money. Also, if you do go that route....take the gun apart right there in the store and inspect it. If your a serious buyer, they shouldnt mind at all.

Comment

That is a slim budget. That price range will pretty much limit you to a quality .22 auto. The Browning Buckmark, Beretta Neos, and Ruger MK I, II, and III are all good, reliable, and accurate guns. I would lean toward a Browning or Ruger.

Comment

I agree with the majority I think - Rugar Mark II is probably one of the best .22 pistols ever produced.

Comment

Ruger 10/22! I use one all the time it's a great rifle!

Comment

if you want a rifle an kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm or 40 cal is the way to go. $294.
                  For a pistol a Glock model 17 9mm or a Glock model 22 40cal $500.
                  For a 22 pistol a sig is the way to go $350.

Comment

The new winchester wildcat .22

Comment

I bought my wife a taurus 9mm PT 111 for around 300 but that's as low as I would go for a personal defense gun. for 400 the window opens up considerably. Glocks, XDs and Berrettas

Comment

Take a look at the Kel-Tec P11 9mm. Good weapon for the money.

Comment

rugger 10/22

Comment

Ruger Mark III for the .22, otherwise, no.

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad