Reloading Refresher Article - Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading Refresher Article - Rifle

This is a good refresher course for your rifle reloading. You might pick up some ideas.
    https://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/loa...ab24e917eb6621

Nice post Jim , I know Fitch is getting into loading and it’s a great read for all. On a different note, my RCBS charge master 1500 stopped working on me last night! It just wouldn’t turn on, I want to research it and see if I can save it. In the meantime looks like I’m gonna spend another $400.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
      Nice post Jim , I know Fitch is getting into loading and it’s a great read for all. On a different note, my RCBS charge master 1500 stopped working on me last night! It just wouldn’t turn on, I want to research it and see if I can save it. In the meantime looks like I’m gonna spend another $400.
      Take a look at the Lyman Gen 6 balance/dispenser. I have had mine a year no problems. About $225 on sale. Check Frankfort Arsenal and also Optics Planet.
      https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 11-21-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I have an old (antiquated!?) RCBS manual powder dump with a bench top stand.
        I'm not sure how, but at one time, the adjustment screw became difficult to adjust, requiring channel locks.
        I finally pulled it down and discovered the threads on the screw itself were all boogered up.
        A call to RCBS Cust Svc and a new one arrived within a couple of days.
        It works like a champ again.

Those electronic, digital scales and powder dumps scare me! 👀! Electronic stuff can screw up and you don't know it.

It's my OFS! 😎!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          I have an old (antiquated!?) RCBS manual powder dump with a bench top stand.
          I'm not sure how, but at one time, the adjustment screw became difficult to adjust, requiring channel locks.
          I finally pulled it down and discovered the threads on the screw itself were all boogered up.
          A call to RCBS Cust Svc and a new one arrived within a couple of days.
          It works like a champ again.

Those electronic, digital scales and powder dumps scare me! 👀! Electronic stuff can screw up and you don't know it.

It's my OFS! 😎!
          FB that was the best reloading investment I ever made the day I bought the 1500 charge master . Now I’m spoiled and a trip home from work today to get one from Cabelas . I hear your concern but if you ever get your hands on one you will never go back!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Take a look at the Lyman Gen 6 balance/dispenser. I have had mine a year no problems. About $225 on sale. Check Frankfort Arsenal and also Optics Planet.
            https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
            Thanks Jim I will , the thing looks brand new and I don’t have a clue as to why it won’t turn on! It just irritates the heck out of me!

Comment

"... get your hands on one ..."

THAT'S not likely to happen! LOL!
              ...of course unless I happen to use someone else's.

pmacc60, I'm not adverse to new stuff. I'm adverse to spending money (on sale for $225? 😳!) that I don't have too.

Yes sir, I have tried some technologically advanced items, found them...uuhhmm...worthy and adopted them.
              If I was loading and shooting several thousand rounds annually, I just might have to step up to the plate - so to speak.

Right now, $225 would purchase lots of reloading components I'd rather have than an electronic powder dump/scale.

You can't find them, but I prefer an analog watch to a digital.
              Alas...😥

Comment

I have several Chargemasters-Love them

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
                  I have several Chargemasters-Love them
                  Ernie I love mine as well, it just crapped out on me last night. I stopped at Cabelas on the way home from work and got a new one. All the powder dispensers look good but I like to stay with what I know. I had it up and running when I got home and loaded a couple hundred rounds tonight. I feel it cuts the loading time in half or even better.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad