Marlin 336 Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin 336 Cleaning

Do you completely remove the lever and bolt to clean your 336 or do you work around it ? I have tried it both ways and usually using a snake I just feed it in through the ejection port. When I do remove the lever I take great care not to bend the ejector when getting it back in position. Seem like it is rather frail for what it does.

Snake and foaming bore cleaner and a rod with a guide and liberal amounts of gun scrubber afterwards to flush the action.

Comment

I always pull the lever on my 1895G, same basic design as the 336. I like snakes for getting the loose crud out quick but don’t rely on them for deep cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        I always pull the lever on my 1895G, same basic design as the 336. I like snakes for getting the loose crud out quick but don’t rely on them for deep cleaning.
        Fitch, I wrap a patch with Rem oil on it around the front part of the built in brush on a snake. The wet patch has JB paste smeared on it. Does a fabulous job. Every so often I clean the snakes in K-1 and hang them up to air dry.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
          by Ontario Honker Hunter
          Newsweek again? When did that magazine become a tabloid gossip rag? Used to be a reputable outfit. ...
          Today, 07:14 PM
        • 16 Years
          by jhjimbo
          So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
          08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
        • Reply to No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
          by Ontario Honker Hunter
          Mine didn't slip around. I seem to recall some grippy stuff on the inside? Actually fit very tight.

My beef with neoprene is it can become
          Today, 07:02 PM
        • No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
          by Buckshott00
          Jury's still out on the Prism Scope vs. the Holograph. I invite you guys to check out my pictures and review and cast a vote.

I've got...
          Yesterday, 04:45 PM
        • Reply to 16 Years
          by PigHunter
          Jim, there's no way that would be allowed on a modern construction site. Those holes were a potential death trap without something shoring up the sides....
          Today, 06:57 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X