Well all of you motivated me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well all of you motivated me.

Started ordering parts for my ar pistol. Have the lower and upper stripped versions. Just ordered a ballistic advantage 10.5 m4 profile barrel still looking for the rest of the parts. At the pace I get things done it will be done sometime about 2031 lol!

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Started ordering parts for my ar pistol. Have the lower and upper stripped versions. Just ordered a ballistic advantage 10.5 m4 profile barrel still looking for the rest of the parts. At the pace I get things done it will be done sometime about 2031 lol!
    With the availability of parts, you may well be 2031 completing it! LOL!😃!
    'dawg, this is the craziest mess I've ever seen.
    I ordered a stock screw from Numrich Arms on 6-20-2020.
    I finally got it 7-25-2020!
    Scroll through Primary Arms and 85% says "Out of Stock"!
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-27-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

are you going to put one of those "braces" on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
        are you going to put one of those "braces" on it?
        Depends on funds

Comment

#1 Bubba, I ordered an el cheapo 3 X 9 scope from Optics Planet on May 29th. Delivery in 5-12 days. Finally got my scope on JULY 25th!

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            #1 Bubba, I ordered an el cheapo 3 X 9 scope from Optics Planet on May 29th. Delivery in 5-12 days. Finally got my scope on JULY 25th!
            Yeah. This crap has gotten crazy, '06.

Comment

If I don’t have what I need by the end of august I will cancel the order.

Comment

What chambering did you pick for the AR? I've enjoyed using the .300 Blackout and it's been over a year since the 5.56 upper has left the safe.
                Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

"If I don’t have what I need by the end of august I will cancel the order."

'dawg- I have ordered from Midsouth and Midway USA since then, and both orders came in only slightly delayed. I suspect Optics Planet thought they could get something from a supplier and just let their mouth get overloaded. I won't be doing business with them again.

Comment

If I don’t have what I need by the end of august I will cancel the order.
                    'dawg, don't give up amigo. I do have a few bits and pieces laying around. Let us know what you need.

Comment

5.56 chamber. I figure it’s the most available and I’ve been running up the discover card lol!

Comment

5.56 chamber. I figure it’s the most available and I’ve been running up the discover card lol!
                        I'm not a big 5.56/.223 aficionado, even though my last two builds were both 5.56/.223. Well, one is a .223 Wylde and the other 5.56mm.
                        Because of the availability of 5.56/.223 ammo, I will always have one. It just makes sense(?)!

5.56/.223 is just a wise choice, regardless of the cartridge's shortcomings.

Same with the Communist 7.62×39. Buttloads of ammo available and it's AR platform friendly. (semi auto .30-30 anybody?)
                        I'm not so sure that I won't eventually build a 7.62×39 just because of the "ammo factor".
                        Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-28-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

"If I don’t have what I need by the end of august I will cancel the order."

'dawg- I have ordered from Midsouth and Midway USA since then, and both orders came in only slightly delayed. I suspect Optics Planet thought they could get something from a supplier and just let their mouth get overloaded. I won't be doing business with them again.
                          I had orders in with Red Hawk Rifles and Midway as well as sending an email request in to B&C for some replacement action screws. All three went in on a Sunday and were in hand by the following Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I had orders in with Red Hawk Rifles and Midway as well as sending an email request in to B&C for some replacement action screws. All three went in on a Sunday and were in hand by the following Saturday.
                            The AR "parts" market is currently overwhelmed. The delay in getting my stock screw was due to COVID-19, not availability.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

The AR "parts" market is currently overwhelmed. The delay in getting my stock screw was due to COVID-19, not availability.
                              No doubt about that, just a little drift as to Optics Planet’s shipping compared to others in general I guess. Definitely need some patience in general these days.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad