Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rifle Sweepstakes Feel Free to Ignore, or click to enter if you're so inclined

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rifle Sweepstakes Feel Free to Ignore, or click to enter if you're so inclined

    Okay, I know we hate junk / spam, but a lot of us signed up back in the day to review stuff in order to keep it. A lot of used to do the best Caption contest, many of us have submitted answers under the "Best Answer" contest.

    So, I don't know if you guys ever do these sweepstakes. Normally I ignore them but this is a heck of a setup. Feel Free to click and enter, or ignore. I don't want to spam up the boards, but I thought you guys might like to to get some free entries and it's easy enough to click off that you don't want to receive emails from them.

    https://wn.nr/jcGPtb



    Full disclosure If you click that link and enter, I get a bunch of bonus entries. Hope you enter and Good Luck!!

  • #2
    I don't know who entered, but big thanks!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
      I don't know who entered, but big thanks!!!

      I entered, hope you win.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

        I entered, hope you win.
        Thanks Jimbo!! I've been a fan of the .300wm since I was a teenager! I hope you win too!

        Good Luck!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Back in the winter of 1978, the Gus Engling WMA near Cayuga, TX was having a draw hunt for feral hogs.
          One of the biologist's from the area brought some draw applications and dropped them off at the store.
          I grabbed one and filled it out for myself and three friends. There WERE four slots on each application.
          About a month before the hunt, I was notified by mail that we (the four of us) had not been selected to hunt.
          Which was okay, because a big ice storm hit the area that weekend!

          On Saturday, KLTV Ch. 7 Tyler, TX had a piece on the hunt. Lines of vehicles, gates and fences iced over! It was horrible.
          THEN!....the game biologist (knew the man personally!) was fielding questions about the hunt.
          Then, the reported asked him how the turnout was for the hunt.
          "We wanted to put 100 hunters in the field. We had 104 applicants!"
          WE WERE THE ONLY CARD NOT DRAWN!
          I don't apply for drawings, buy raffle tickets or enter sweepstakes! LOL!
          If I think your raffle is worthy, I'll donate to your cause, just keep your ticket!

          Comment


          • #6
            That sux pretty hard bubba. Although I haven't been where odds were quite that tight, I've had a few that were almost as close when drawing for doe tags and special hunt areas. Closest I've ever been was within a few dozen.

            It's not my cause, but I thought if anyone wanted to enter the drawing they could enter. I think it's more about drumming up traffic for that Classic Guns site than anything. But in this case there's only one prize, and as many entries as folks can rack up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Same for me Bubba. That’s why I joined the hunting club. Public land draw is a nightmare in Arkansas.

              Comment


              • #8
                I entered my 6.8mm buddy! LOL!
                What do I got to lose???😃!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Bubba!! That's how I feel about it! Worse comes to Worst, you have to click "unsubscribe" in your email.

                  Good Luck Bubba! I hope you win, and if you do, I wanna see pics of you droppin' hawgs with 300winmag!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                    Same for me Bubba. That’s why I joined the hunting club. Public land draw is a nightmare in Arkansas.
                    Try Firearm deer on public land in IL... 2 non-consecutive weekends makes up the entire season.

                    What do you say milldawg, going to try a .300winmag? I've never shot a300winny with a baffle / muzzle-brake before

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bubba, speaking of 6.8spc. I can't find any ammo for it in a 45min drive radius from me. How's it down there?

                      Also, thinking of putting an EOTech my Ranch-6.8. I really like the holographic overlay, I don't know how it would look with a 3X magnifier. I don't know how it will fit yet, I might have to mount it forward on the stock which I don't know how that would work with a Magnifier.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                        Bubba, speaking of 6.8spc. I can't find any ammo for it in a 45min drive radius from me. How's it down there?

                        Also, thinking of putting an EOTech my Ranch-6.8. I really like the holographic overlay, I don't know how it would look with a 3X magnifier. I don't know how it will fit yet, I might have to mount it forward on the stock which I don't know how that would work with a Magnifier.
                        Buckshott00, I'm still finding "some" ammo around here.
                        Academy is a waste of time. The small M&P stores won't carry it because it moves so slowly.
                        There are three stores where I can regularly find 6.8mm ammo.
                        Atwoods, a chain farm & ranch store in 2 different towns and a big, non chain store across the state line.
                        The big non chain is so expensive, I won't buy from them.
                        None of the 3 locations sell 90 or 100 grain ammo. It's all 110, 115 or 120 grain. My AR prefers 90 or 100 grain. My Ruger Ranch will gobble up anything...but then, I'm not as concerned with accuracy out of the Ruger as I am my AR.

                        I scoped my Ruger at one point. The AR I built proved to be the most accurate, so I put the scope on it instead.
                        The Ruger is plenty accurate with iron sights and just any ammo. It's role is more of a "behind the front door" affair.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	D12B12BC-C228-42A6-AD54-19E94B74BFF6.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	864.7 KB
ID:	738542 Gave you another bump Buckshott. I'll be unsubscribing shortly I'm sure. Maybe I'll wait a couple days just in case, lol.

                          The outfitter we hunted with last fall had a Christensen Arms rifle of some model, looked similar to the one in the ad. Seems like it was chambered in 6.5 Creed but I'm not certain. He was using it primarily to hunt wolves, the guy had broken a few ribs at the end of the summer and had tried guiding during bow season but it was too painful. That left him time to hunt on his own a bit in addition to overseeing his guides. Very nice rifle he had. Good luck.

                          Found a pic, his rifle is the snow camo stocked one on the right. Think he was running a Nightforce in it as well, I can’t tell in the pic.
                          Last edited by fitch270; 07-11-2020, 08:48 AM. Reason: Add photo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	D12B12BC-C228-42A6-AD54-19E94B74BFF6.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	864.7 KB
ID:	738542 Gave you another bump Buckshott. I'll be unsubscribing shortly I'm sure. Maybe I'll wait a couple days just in case, lol.

                            The outfitter we hunted with last fall had a Christensen Arms rifle of some model, looked similar to the one in the ad. Seems like it was chambered in 6.5 Creed but I'm not certain. He was using it primarily to hunt wolves, the guy had broken a few ribs at the end of the summer and had tried guiding during bow season but it was too painful. That left him time to hunt on his own a bit in addition to overseeing his guides. Very nice rifle he had. Good luck.

                            Found a pic, his rifle is the snow camo stocked one on the right. Think he was running a Nightforce in it as well, I can’t tell in the pic.
                            Thanks Fitch!! I appreciate it! I found out by checking out the site they do contests like this about every week or every other week. I won't be bugging everyone with it, but that setup was really sweet!
                            And if at some point in the future they have a different drawing, I'll be happy to return the favor for those that entered and helped me!

                            Good Luck! I know there can only be 1 person picked and there's thousands of guys and gals entering, but I really wish anyone that was kind enough help me out could win a rifle!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

                              Buckshott00, I'm still finding "some" ammo around here.
                              Academy is a waste of time. The small M&P stores won't carry it because it moves so slowly.
                              There are three stores where I can regularly find 6.8mm ammo.
                              Atwoods, a chain farm & ranch store in 2 different towns and a big, non chain store across the state line.
                              The big non chain is so expensive, I won't buy from them.
                              None of the 3 locations sell 90 or 100 grain ammo. It's all 110, 115 or 120 grain. My AR prefers 90 or 100 grain. My Ruger Ranch will gobble up anything...but then, I'm not as concerned with accuracy out of the Ruger as I am my AR.

                              I scoped my Ruger at one point. The AR I built proved to be the most accurate, so I put the scope on it instead.
                              The Ruger is plenty accurate with iron sights and just any ammo. It's role is more of a "behind the front door" affair.
                              Yeah it sux, I've been to every chain and most of the mom and pop stores. Last weekend I went to one of the last "Gander" mtn/outdoors whatever, and they were picked clean. Really is making the case in my mind that having a reloading setup for JIC moments is not a bad idea.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X