Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is a better all around rifle cartige?.270 or 30-06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is a better all around rifle cartige?.270 or 30-06?

Which is a better all around rifle cartige?.270 or 30-06?

I like .270 because of the sheer volocity of the bullet screaming down range into your target. I would trade speed for bullet size anyday.

Comment

I like the 30-06 because of the size. Pretty much the opposite of spencerkusa. Bet usually the speed isn't going to matter to much with me. The stopping power is a bit better with the 30-06.

Comment

Either one is fantastic. For deer a 270 hands down. I have one and I would not hesitate to shoot a moose with it but if I had a 30-06 I would probably use it with a heavier bullet. Shot placement is far more important than caliber.

Comment

spencer and ians got the right idea go with the 270 can reach out and tuch the animals with it and you dont have as mutch drop as 30-06

Comment

I am a .270 man, it is capable of taking all big game in north america, short of a grizzly.

Comment

The .270 is a 30-06 optimized for deer-size game. If you want a dizzying variety of factory loads check out the 30-06. That doesn't mean it's better at any one thing - more of a jack-of-all-trades.

Comment

i use a 30-06 because of the various bullet weights you can get them in..and you can get 30 cal bullets in 130 grain just like the .270 and its as fast or even faster than the .270 so i think its better than the .270

Comment

I'll take the 30/06 because of versatility. It has a tremendous range of bullet weights and factory loads available for it. It is probably the most common ammo on the planet next to .22 LR. The .270 also holds very little advantage over the '06 in trajectory either.

Comment

I would take the .270 for speed.

Comment

30-06 hands down. versatility and function

Comment

IS JACK O'CONNER BACK? LET ME SAY THIS--YOU TAKE ONE IN THE CHEST--DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE --IF IT WAS A 270, OR AN 06?---THIS HAS BEEN HASHED OUT FOR DECADES, THEY ARE BOTH GOOD--NONE ARE THE BEST, OR HANDS DOWN BETTER.
                        YOU CAN BUY 06 AMMO ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET---WHY?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad