Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have the T/C with the interchangable barrels. If so how well do you like it. I want one but am worried about accurcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have the T/C with the interchangable barrels. If so how well do you like it. I want one but am worried about accurcy

Does anyone have the T/C with the interchangable barrels. If so how well do you like it. I want one but am worried about accurcy after changeing barrels.

I own the new Triumph, my buddies own the Encore and accuracy is everything you'll need out to 350 yard easily. If its not, T/C will send you a replacement barrel. I had trouble when i first got the muzzleloader and their service is excellent, when they say its a lifetime warranty they mean it, SPEND THE MONEY, YOU'LL HAVE IT FOREVER!

Comment

check out varmint Als shooting page at http://www.varmintal.com/ashot.htm to see how accurate a TC can be. He also has a ton of other cool info on his pages, shooting related and not.

Comment

I have the muzzle loader barrel and two rifle barrels for my encore and all of them are scoped. I found that I needed to use a tighter hinge pin in order for them to maintain accuracy when switching the barrels, for the factory hinge pin on mine was sloppy. My trigger was good, but other people I know had to do work on theirs. I replaced the hammer spring on mine, for the factory one was too weak to function consistantly with a hammer extension.
        After all this tweaking, I now have a rifle that shoots great with all three barrels and functions flawlessly. I also spent a pile of $$ to get there.
        A great website to visit for info on these rifles is Mike Bellms TC's at www.bellmtcs.com
        To sum it up, this is one gun I'll never get rid of.

Comment

I had a Enore in 22-250 for awhile and then got a 300win mag barrel, damn thing would split the cases on anything bigger than a 150 sent it back 5 times finally got a 375 barrel for it and it did the same thing.A friend of mine also had this problem with a 25.06. My experiance is there chambers are to tight and they need to get new reemmers.

Comment

Love it.

Comment

I've used the TC Contender, both pistol and rifle. The only thing I can say is make sure you sight in the iron sights if they are on the barrel, when changing barrels, place the unused one in a padded case, and if you are going to use a scope, either use one scope per barrel, or use the same scope, rings and bases. I use 1 scope and prefer the weaver style with the see through for the iron sights and permanent bases on the barrels. I keep a log, when I zero in the scope, I write how many clicks up, down,left, right from the factory set points on each barrel. When the scope comes off, I reset it to the zero points when I took the scope out of the box. Then I install it on the new barrel and go to the settings I wrote in my log, take 2 test shots, if good, go hunting. If off target, adjust and write adjustments down in log for info when swapping the scope back to the zero from the box.

Other than that, I love using them, you get used to one frame, one action, one fit, one trigger pull, and several dozen calibers.

Comment

idduckhntr

Sounds to me , you have excessive head space!

Comment

Clay that is exactly what I had out of every 300 barrel, in fact the last one I had before I sent it back ate a 300 weatherby round like it was made for.Still lost all faith in there centerfires but I own a 50cal Hawken and love it.

Comment

don't worry about it

Comment

I had the "Contender" with three accessory barrels - .357 Mag, .41 Mag, and .22 Hornet - and all barrels were gratifyingly accurate. The .357 and .22 Hornet were scoped; the bases and rings were on the barrels, not on the receiver, and the accuracy was as consistent as I was. The .41 Mag (14-inch barrel) was provided with a Williams adjustable sight, carefully dialed in, and it did a fine job on metal plates at 105 yards. I think you'll be very pleased with Thompson-Center products, and you need not be concerned about a loss of accuracy with barrel changes. There is a stout hinge pin. The lock-up is solid. The sights remain with the barrels, and my sights remained aligned and properly sighted in with barrel changes.

Comment

I had T/C rifle with 3 barrels. Very expensive after putting fiberglass stock and forarms on them. I have owned over 300 rifles in my lifetime and am sorry to say that these were probably some of the most unsuitable that I have ever owned. I hope other owners have better luck with them.

Comment

I definitely love it!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad