In this order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I've got rifles in 6.5 CM, .308, and .30-06 to choose from for hunting deer and pigs. The .30-06's never leave the safe these days and I probably need to just get rid of them. You can't deny that the cartridge is effective but the other two perform just as well with less recoil.

To continue with the original analogy of this post - the .30-06 has too much drama compared to the two sexy alternatives

But, there's something to be said about Diversity...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diversity r.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	703325
    Yep yep yep

Comment

Nah, the 30-06 is too old school to give drama. It may not be exactly perfect but it is reliable and more than good enough to keep a guy happy.

Those Italian boots are pretty dang ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
        LOL! I guess they are.

Comment

I am sorry I have no comparisons to make for this post as I only have a Ruger 10/22 and a model 12 Win. In 16 gauge. But HF, if you don’t care for the Italian boots, you can mail me what’s wearing them and maybe then I can post a review on her merits ! I see you guys have too much other stuff (308, 30-06, 6.5 CM) on your minds to do justice to a simple Ruger 10/22 !

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
            Nah, the 30-06 is too old school to give drama. It may not be exactly perfect but it is reliable and more than good enough to keep a guy happy.

Boots?
            Oh yeah.....

Comment

Couldn't locate the calibers!
              Have a .308, but may need to add a CM.
              At my age, bore condition is more important than caliber.

Comment

I need to see the .25-06 before I make up my mind. Definitely don't need a .50 BMG.

Comment

I would go for the .25-06 model!

Comment

Oh my goodness ! I will have to caress that little devil more and maybe slip it under the covers on cold nights. It will come out of the closet more often, thanks for opening my mind about small having a purpose also, I love my 10/22 💋 !!

Comment

BHR, I'll keep the Steyr, glamor models just aren't my type, though.

I use to love the .25-06 but I think it was a holiday romance. She seems hot at first but when you look at her stats closer they just aren't that impressive. I'll probably sell it eventually and replace it with, yes, a 6.5. Just to try something different.

I'll hold off on the .264 Win Mag until I want a nice custom.

Comment

Richard, no worries. The 10/22 definitely has it's own place where it shines!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190210_103234.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	703479

Comment

Honk, women as old as your 30-06 are just happy to have a good bowel movement.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                            I am sorry I have no comparisons to make for this post as I only have a Ruger 10/22 and a model 12 Win. In 16 gauge. But HF, if you don’t care for the Italian boots, you can mail me what’s wearing them and maybe then I can post a review on her merits ! I see you guys have too much other stuff (308, 30-06, 6.5 CM) on your minds to do justice to a simple Ruger 10/22 !
                            Don't throw out the 10/22, those things have made more trips through the woods having the owners back and doing small jobs for years.

Comment

No need to worry Jason, I will hold onto it. There are probably a few chucks that wish I had thrown it out lol !

Comment

I overpaid for this one
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	N2YEFH1.jpg Views:	10 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	703546
                                .44-50 (my .44 mag rifle held by my gal when she was 50).
                                Last edited by CD2; 02-12-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• New petition to sell Montana to Canada
                                  99explorer
                                  There is a movement afoot to sell the state of Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to pay off part of our national debt.
                                  It would become South Alberta....
                                  Yesterday, 12:27 AM
                                • Reply to New petition to sell Montana to Canada
                                  fitch270
                                  Wouldn't South Alberta be its own province?

There's been a "movement" to separate upstate NY from the NYC area for years. Fat chance...
                                  Today, 12:09 AM
                                • Illegals buying guns
                                  labrador12
                                  If 8 million illegals are trying to buy guns a year, what is the size of the illegal population? Is 10% of the illegal population armed? 50%? Are there...
                                  Yesterday, 10:56 AM
                                • Reply to Illegals buying guns
                                  Harmonious Fulmination
                                  In peak seasons Ellis Island processed over 5000 dirt poor migrants a day. And with those inadequate traditional families they made America and Americans...
                                  Today, 12:02 AM
                                • Reply to Illegals buying guns
                                  fitch270
                                  The logistics of the situation is the issue. Better safe than sorry. Trying to figure out who is who and has relatives where takes time and resources....
                                  Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X