Weatherby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherby

I had good customer service from Weatherby today. They went the extra mile to help me. BTW, they are not settled in the new facility yet. Sometime next Spring.

That’s good to know Jim , Remington is not they seem to be unsettle. I emailed them a month ago and it hasn’t been answered yet. I emailed a former employee and he got back to me immediately .

Comment

I have had only 2 Weatherbys. I had a Vanguard Deluxe in 257 Weatherby Mag and a Vanguard in 25-06. I had the 257 long enough to kill a hog in Alabama and the 25-06 long to have to track two deer after perfect shots but both went the route that most of my firearms have gone in the last 50 years. Trading material.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
        I have had only 2 Weatherbys. I had a Vanguard Deluxe in 257 Weatherby Mag and a Vanguard in 25-06. I had the 257 long enough to kill a hog in Alabama and the 25-06 long to have to track two deer after perfect shots but both went the route that most of my firearms have gone in the last 50 years. Trading material.
        I have two Mk V's and a Orion O/U that I would not trade for anything. I have had other rifles that cost more than Weatherbys but Weatherby rifles or shotgun have never let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I have two Mk V's and a Orion O/U that I would not trade for anything. I have had other rifles that cost more than Weatherbys but Weatherby rifles or shotgun have never let me down.
          I know others who shoot them also jimbo I myself never had the luck. I had one that didn't shoot for crap and kicked like a mule. I sold it bought a savage and never looked back. Every rifle I own except one is a savage. They all shoot great and have no issues. I do have to admit my mk v was walnut, and it sure was purdy.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT View Post

I know others who shoot them also jimbo I myself never had the luck. I had one that didn't shoot for crap and kicked like a mule. I sold it bought a savage and never looked back. Every rifle I own except one is a savage. They all shoot great and have no issues. I do have to admit my mk v was walnut, and it sure was purdy.
            This is one of mine

Comment

This is one of mine
              Nice rifle jimbo, I always liked a nice looking gun, I just have a hard time after a bad experience.

Comment

Very nice, Jimbo and It's refreshing to hear of good customer service in this day and age.

Jason, I used to collect the Savage lever guns, but due a financial disaster, I had to sell them all off, along with a bunch of other guns.

Pmacc60, I've had the same experience with Remington and emails. I live about 20 miles from the factory in Ilion, so I've dropped in and said hi from time to time. It's much harder for them to ignore me that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                  That’s good to know Jim , Remington is not they seem to be unsettle. I emailed them a month ago and it hasn’t been answered yet. I emailed a former employee and he got back to me immediately .
                  I thought you lived in Maryland ? I lived not far from Remington plant in Illion as well. During the War my father worked for Savage.

Comment

I do live in Maryland and Remington was a part of the DuPont company for years . Remington farm is in Md , anyway there are some retired employees in Delaware who worked in Ellion over different stretches . I have a friend who can get me information through his former coworkers .

Comment

I thought you lived in Maryland ? I lived not far from Remington plant in Illion as well. During the War my father worked for Savage.
                      Where did you live at the time if you don't mind me asking, Jimbo?

Comment

Originally posted by SingleShot View Post

Where did you live at the time if you don't mind me asking, Jimbo?
                        I lived in Utica and went to school at Syracuse.

Comment

Jimbo, we were practically neighbors. I'm up in the hills about 20 miles south of Utica. Small world.

Comment

Originally posted by SingleShot View Post
                            Jimbo, we were practically neighbors. I'm up in the hills about 20 miles south of Utica. Small world.
                            Where are you? I used to hunt Burlington Flats a lot. A friend has land by Rt 20 and 8, and I had a real good spot by Oneonta. Shot my first Southern deer in Brookfield. Another favorite spot is by Redfield. I have relatives in the Adirondacks so I go different places there.

Comment

I'm in Plainfield, about 4 miles south of West Winfield/Rt. 20. I've hunted some private land in Brookfield and the state land. I've hunted the state land just north of Burlington flats many times over the years, too. I was born and brought up in the Adirondack foothills and make it back up there to hunt a few times every fall, with a winter trip or three for snowshoe hares, as well. I had an uncle in Blue Mountain Lake in the Adks that I used to hunt with, But I haven't hunted that area since he passed in the 80's.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to China Virus
                                by Danbo
                                Very good article Pighunter ! It’s hard for governments to coverup something like that today when most people have smart phones. See pics out of China...
                                Today, 12:29 PM
                              • China Virus
                                by jhjimbo
                                Person in Seattle died. Student in Texas under observation. There would be no flu if there was not air travel. Virus hops a plane and can be anywhere...
                                Yesterday, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to China Virus
                                by PigHunter
                                But, there were trains and ships travelling the world. Here's an interesting article on the 1918 flu:
                                https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ea...
                                Today, 11:30 AM
                              • Reply to Memorial
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Sigh! You lucky guys. I am looking at snow in the back yard that is up to top of Ellie's back ... and more starting to come down (just a bit though)....
                                Today, 11:26 AM
                              • Reply to Impeachment a major blunder!
                                by 99explorer
                                If an impeachment resulted in overturning an election, Hillary Clinton would become president.
                                Today, 11:24 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X