Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have a idea what a 788 Remington is worth? can not get a straight answer from anybody. By the way its a 243 and 95%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have a idea what a 788 Remington is worth? can not get a straight answer from anybody. By the way its a 243 and 95%

does anyone have a idea what a 788 Remington is worth? can not get a straight answer from anybody. By the way its a 243 and 95% condition.

It would bring $500.00 in the Rockies where some folks treasure the quick lock time and overlook the overall simplicity and obvious economical manufacture of the rifle. Most are usually quite accurate. Some shooters pirate out the action to build and convert it into a primo target rifle for various sports.

Comment

I disagree, its worth only what the market will bring and the market is down on bolts right now. Dave had them as the top ten guns but I totally disagree with that. I sold mine several years back for 300-350 with a scope and rings. Probably could have gotten more but I was young and wanted one of the slicker 700s. Anyway depending on the glass anywhere from 300-500 but 500 would be topped with a gold ring or better.

Comment

from the prices i see on www.gunbroker.com, i would say about $500 for a new one.

Comment

In the northern Rockies bolts probably make up 80% of center fire rifle sells. This may even be a conservative figure and of course includes the 788. If sells falter it will be levers and semi-autos in the west. Some outfitters refuse to take a hunter armed with the latter for several safety reasons based on their considerable experience. Single shots will hang in there for some consumers who understand the merits of this type action. I don't know much about the rest of the world which is all inclusive on Gunbroker.

Comment

In the southeast the guns sell for $300-350 without scope. For what ever reason the .44 mags sell for a little more.

Comment

check www.gunbroker.com

Comment

Kolbster, there are no new ones. They have been discontinued for over 20 years. Also, whoever gave you a 'good comment' on that, shame on them. It is bad information.

Comment

I give you $300.00 for it!!!

Comment

I was at an auction where the was two. The had old cheap 3-9 Bushnell Banner scopes on them. Very good condition. $650 each

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad