Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i recently bought a thopmson/center omega z5 inline and am looking for a scope T/C recomends the nikon BDC scope i'm 14 and that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i recently bought a thopmson/center omega z5 inline and am looking for a scope T/C recomends the nikon BDC scope i'm 14 and that

i recently bought a thopmson/center omega z5 inline and am looking for a scope T/C recomends the nikon BDC scope i'm 14 and thats almost as much as i paid for the gun any ideas? can u use a normal riflescope? appricate the help.

i have the same gun, and i have a $50-$70 Red Head
    muzzle loader scope on mine. a normal scope will work fine my uncle has a cheaper bushnell scope on his. and my brother has a leupold vx-1 on his. i would try and get a nikon if i could, but any scope will work.

Comment

Cabelas also sells a cheaper muzzle loader scopes. Depending on how much powder you plan on using you might want to think about getting a scope made for slug guns so you don't bust up your cross hairs.

Comment

Bushnell, Burris, Tasco, Simmons, etc. in fixed 4 power will serve you fine.

Comment

Well im only 17 and just bought a T/C omega thumbhole.
          The one thing i will say is dont buy a cheap scope. Quality should be your first priority. The Omega z5 is a nice gun and will last a long time if you treat right. If i were you id save a little money and go with a Nikon. ive never had one fail and honestly i dont treat my guns as good as i should.

Comment

Anyway what i was gettin at was i just put a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 rifle scope on my T/C omega cause really im not planning on dropping a whitetail at 250 yards yards with a muzzleloarder. If youre gonna shoot that far id reccomend a .270 Win

Comment

thanks guys at the max i'd maybe shoot 150 but probly more like 80 to 1oo

Comment

You can use a different scope besides that one.I would recommend a regular optic scope.I myself would forget what circle equals what yardage while having a deer in the scope.

Comment

I have a used straight 4x leupold on my TC that I bought for $100. Works great.
                  Check out the SWFA website for used optics. Ive had good luck with them and the prices are good as well.

Comment

thanks does leupold have a wed site and what is the web site for this SWFA ? thing it sounds intersting thanks a lot every body

Comment

I also am a youth hunter (13) and so, of course, am on a low budget. I have a Barska ridgeline all camo scope on mine. I payed 70 dollars for it and my dad and uncles higher priced leupolds arent as good as it!

Comment

Another uncle has a prostaff and my Barska, admittedly by all, is better then his prostaff, for half the price.

Comment

The SWFA website is at www.swfa.com

Go into the "sample list" for used stuff.

Comment

Agreed with buckeye answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad