Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remington, Ruger, Savage, or Browning. whats your rifle brand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington, Ruger, Savage, or Browning. whats your rifle brand.

Remington, Ruger, Savage, or Browning. whats your rifle brand.

Sako or Kimber or better yet one custom built just for me.

Comment

Savage rifles, Remington Shotguns

Comment

Remington and Ruger actions. Savage barrels. Weatherby also makes good guns. ishawooa, I don't think many people can afford those guns, but they are nice.

Comment

I've owned most of those but my favorites are Kimber and Ruger No. 1.

Comment

Remington are good guns but Mossbergs are just as good and cheaper. But I do want that 105 cti

Comment

TC, Gotta love a single shot.

Comment

Mixed bag, but mostly Remingtons and a couple Mossbergs.

Comment

browing and a marlin i want a savage .17 tho

Comment

out of the ones you mentioned I currently own more Remintons and Rugers than anything else. (I assume you're talking bolt guns) Dollar for dollar the new Savages are the best but I already had several 700s before Savage got its act together. I recently bought two Ruger 308s they were after season sales so I picked them up. First Rugers I've owned in 15 years.

Comment

personally i preffer thompson center ... they have the most variety in calibers and last a lifetime if takin care of ... not to mention the accuracy is tremendous ... good luck with whatever company you buy and talk to dealers about there opinions

Comment

Ruger

Comment

I like Savage rifles and Remington shotguns, but all are great gun manufacturers.

Comment

Ruger and Thompson/Center get my nod. Savage is great as well. However, Remington shotguns rule the roost in my book...the 870 is perhaps the greatest tool the hunter has ever known!

Comment

Rezavoirdog: I manage most of my custom rifles a piece at a time. Maybe buy an action, then a barrel, then the stock of my choosing, etc. If I don't save up to pay for making one all at once, my local (and highly qualified gunbuilders) accept partial payment up front with the rest due when the rifle is finished. This does not necessarily lower the price but at least you don't have to cough up a lot of cash at one time. Sort of like making payments. Additionally if I have a problem the builder is nearby to assist with sorting out the difficulty. Fortunately this has never happened but I feel certain that they can handle whatever might come up. Consequently you won't see Rifles, Inc., Echols, Jarrett, Hill Country or any other famous maker's work in my safe. Nothing against any of men and their high quality product, it's just that my philosophy tends to be more toward local high quality craftsmen. Weatherbys, I'm thinking of buying one for my kid's high school graduation present from me. It will keep him from continuing to wear out my rifles and add one more gun to enjoy. Now let's see what caliber should I go with?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad