Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the longest shot you have ever made on an animal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    350 Yards!!!

Leave a comment:

• mercstorm
    replied
    I shot a 308 savage, leupold scope 500 yards at a 8"x8"x1/2" steel plate and hit it. Oh ya it was at night with night vision optics. Pretty Cool

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    85 yards.

Leave a comment:

• wyomingelkslayer
    replied
    am not a bragger, but a few years ago i made the lotngest shot on a elk. I do my own hand loads, and i practice at least a 1000 rounds long range before hunting season. i ranged this elk at 1103 yards, had a dead rest and all the time i needed. shooting my 7mm mag my hold over about 5 ft i fired one shot and hit the elk. It took about ten steps and dropped, i would not recommend this at all unless you are very familiar with your equipment

Leave a comment:

• bscoones
    replied
    192 yards on a white tail with a 30-30 bolt. Got 'em.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    100 yards... I live in Florida, what can I say. Shots do not exceed that very much down here.

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    woodchuck 112 yards with my 22.

Leave a comment:

• red30
    replied
    I popped a squirrel off the fence in my back yard from about 25 yards with my pellet gun. I'd love to try some real hunting.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    Clay about the .45 ACP shot, my neighbor can duplicate it on a more or less routine basis. He's much better than me with the handgun and I once thought I was a pretty fair hand. If he ever stays home long enough I intend to make a video of him shooting long range and aerial shooting with a handgun so you guys won't think I'm lying. Oh yeah he is also the fellow who shoots trap with a Beretta 390 using only one arm. He usually breaks 20 singlehandly and it really makes the hard core trapshooters angry which is exactly why he does it.
    I've dumped deer over 500 yards with one shot several times and elk at better than 700. I don't recommend this for everyone but I have the right rifle, scope, and ammo with which along with my rangefinder and windmeter I use a lot year round. My kid can hit them further than me. Dear in mind this is in Wyoming where we can see for miles, have time to set up for the shot, and know what we are doing. I usually don't even mention this sort of thing because some hunters simply do not understand it, no offense to anyone intended.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    320 yards

Leave a comment:

• timothyfaw
    replied
    400 yards

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Moosed that one up I did, looked good in the post anser block with cross hairs and all

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    "
    " Imagine shooting at 700-750 yds
    ! You have a Leupold VARIX-II Duplex.
    ====--+--==== You hold over to the point
    ! where the fine vertical hair
    " meets the thick and place
    " that on the back with just
    a tad hold over with your
    hold over with your 338 Win Mag with Hornady 225 grain at 3000fps. One shot, one Caribou!

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    I remember when I was 14 and on a small hill overlooking a flat area just east of Tucson Az. There was a 50 gallon drum about a ½ mile out in the middle of it. I looked at my friend and he said give it a try. Colt 1911A1 45ACP 230 grain FMJ. I aimed at the drum and elevated to front sight to a point I couldn’t see the drum and squeezed it off. BOOM! 1,2,3,4 thud!!! I hit the darn thing, honest to god I did!!! You think I can do it again? Got a case of ammo!! LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    We were at Capitan New Mexico out on the range late Saturday packing up to go home and a jackrabbit made a fatal mistake of jumping up on the burn while we were still at the 1000 yard line. Nobody was down range. M1A, 172 grain 7.62NATO M118 round, open sights at 32 clicks and 7 clicks left equals’ one big furry poof!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to New Things
    by PigHunter
    Matt, I may also do an e-bike conversion on my old Specialized Hard Rock 21-speed. That would make it easier to get to some stands quietly. Been looking...
    Today, 10:07 AM
  • New Things
    by MattM37
    Some interesting stories in the recent Fur-Fish-Game. Canoeing down rivers to hunt for wild boars, and stalking streambanks to hunt muskrats. Are...
    Yesterday, 07:14 PM
  • Reply to South Dakota leads the way.
    by PigHunter
    I blocked you because of your politics. Got tired of your half-truths and exaggerations.

You are so right about my conscience, it keeps me...
    Today, 10:03 AM
  • South Dakota leads the way.
    by labrador12
    South Dakota didn't lock down. South Dakota continued with open schools. South Dakota even held the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. South Dakota maintained...
    02-27-2021, 07:10 PM
  • Reply to New Things
    by PigHunter
    Jim, I appreciate the advice. But the original topic of this thread is about hunting and fishing. Are you planning any kind of new hunting or fishing...
    Today, 09:52 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X